Premed 101 Forums

to my fellow OT8ers

Guest Nightriders19

Guest PaniDoktor

Finally someone asked! I've been wondering for some time why OT8 ....

As to the signs, it's not a bad idea. I can just see myself showing up in a big OT8 hat ... But just in case we miss each other despite the signs (imagine sitting there all alone with your little sign, while the rest of the people are a few seats away, or inside ... :lol ), we should make a reservation under OT8, too. That way we really can't miss one another. How many people do you think will come? Who knows how many lurkers are out there, reading this furum but never posting? Show yourselves! Anyways, if I had to guess I'd say 15-20 people showing up is probably a high-end estimate ...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Nightriders19

Hey,

I'm so excited to meet all of you! Definitely count me in for the 22nd. Is it cool if my fiance comes too? He's really excited to meet you all too! He wants to know who I'm going to be spending all my time with for the next 4 years.

Gonzo23...we might recognize each other! I just graduated from UW this past June. I was from Honours Science, but started out in pre-opt/pre-health...what program were you in? Have you already graduated? I think I recall reading from previous posts that you are Indian (or "brown" anyway...hope I'm not being politically incorrect here, but lots of my Middle Eastern and South Asian friends refer to themselves as "brown"). I've been trying to think of different people I saw in my classes to think of who you might be.

Anyway, I'm up at the cottage (in Muskoka!) now, enjoying 10 days of freedom before I have to think about packing, LOCs and textbooks, so I'm off. I'm a little tipsy, and the dock and a sunset are calling me, so I'll meet y'all on the 22nd!

Guest CTU24

i'll be there too...a few of us could also meet at a general landmark by U of T (say the med sci bldg or Con Hall) and then walk to the bar together to avoid everyone arriving late so that they won't be the first person there holding the awkward sign.

See everyone on the 22,

CTU24

Guest PaniDoktor

Did some of you want to meet in front of the med sci building at 7:30? I don't know the campus very well, but I assume that the front doors are the ones which face King's College Road (the big loop)? You can never be too sure ...

Paranoid-to-get-left-behind.

Guest Nikhila
Count me in too! Hey Nikhila, I think I'll be heading out from Chestnut as well... want to meet in the lobby or something?

Sounds good Bleepo, I'll meet you in the lobby around 7:50ish on the evening of the 22nd?

Nikhila :)

Guest PaniDoktor

I'm so excited, I have to share this! I just spent 5 days in Toronto moving into a spacious bachelor appartment right downtown, 12 minutes from the Med Sci Building!!! This all feels so real now, I'm going to be a Torontonian (Sens fan) for the next four years. I also got a small taste of the night life - what a fun city!!! :hat To top it off, my LOC was approved, so I'm technically $150,000 richer (or poorer?) ... What a feeling ... Oh, and if you want to get cheques with the Muppets on them (Gonzo23;) ) go with RBC! See you all in 12 days:eek . H.

Guest gonzo23

Hehehe... glad to hear the moving is over. I still have a lot to look forward to with that :)

As for the muppet cheques... TD offers them too. I thought about it, but it wasn't worth the extra cost. I also thought people might think I was a bit odd (just one more thing to add to the list ... heh).

See all you kids in 2 weeks. I'm enjoying every day of sleeping in!!

Guest PaniDoktor

Biomedeng, I believe that finding a decent bachelor below $800 downtown is a lost cause. To pay less you'd have to settle for roommates or live outside the city centre. I got my appartment back in June and I don't mind sharing that it costs $875 all inclusive. This covers rent, utilities, A/C, ~20 t.v. channels, use of gym and pool ... The appartment complex, called The Maples, is located at 20 Carleton Street and is VERY clean and well-mailtained. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck, but I'd be wary of any bachelor downtown that costs less than $800 ...

Archived