Premed 101 Forums

to my fellow OT8ers

Guest Nightriders19

Guest UofT MD OT8

Hey Deepti,

I love hockey as well!!!

This year is going to be/and has been aweesomeeee!!! Acceptance to UofT Medicine, Convocation, Euro Cup, the Olympics & of course hockey!!!!!

:rollin --We are living in Heaven!!!:)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CTU24

To be Canadian is to be a hockey/Maple Leaf fan (i am such a homer)..

in other words, the world cup is a must see...and there better not be any USA fans or else

CTU24

• 5 weeks later...
Guest PaniDoktor

Hey everyone!

I though I'd revive this thread. Looking through all these old posts you can almost feel our excitement ... and I'm no less thrilled now than I was in the days following the acceptance letter :D . I really can't wait to meet you all. Back in June we were talking about a pre-O-week get together ... is anyone still interested? How about August 22nd - most of us are bound to be in TO by then :) . Let's do it!

H.

Guest gonzo23

I'll be moving that day so how 'bout the 22nd evening :) If so I'm in.

What are we thinking? Drinks and wings (or veggie sticks for the vegetarians?).

Guest PaniDoktor

I'm also moving in the AM, so evening is ideal. I think that drinks and wings (or just drinks for the wing-haters like me ;) ) sounds great. I can't propose a place though, since I don't know Toronto at all. Any suggestions?

Guest gonzo23

I'm not a Toronto native but lived there for 8-months even though most of that time was spent in a lab :S. There's Milestones at Queen/John but it's a little pricey. We could try to hit somewhere we won't be hitting during O-week (are we actually going to receive a schedule?).

Calling out to TO natives who can suggest somewhere... maybe with a bit of room since I'm sure more interest will come later and reservations will be difficult to arrange.

Thanks for bringing back a bit of excitement Panidoktor. I was getting wrapped up in the financial/housing arrangements! 3 weeks!!!!

Guest Nikhila

I'm in also and the evening is definitely better for me. I can recommend a couple of places:

1) Milwaukees

2) Peel Pub

I've been to both of these places and they are lots of fun...

Nikhila

Guest neptune

I just found out about this message board! I'm from Toronto, so I have some suggestions.

O'Grady's is near the campus, but it has a tiny patio.

The Queen street stip has lots of cool places, with nice patios - Black Bull comes to mind

Guest PaniDoktor

All right, someone has to pick a place ... Why don't we make it simple and meet at the Black Bull at 8 pm, provided that they cater to wing-eaters, vegeterians, and alcoholics ... oops, I mean social drinkers ... at reasonable prices. Any objections?

Guest Ollie

Sounds good to me. All I need is directions. How are we gonna know who we're looking for. Actually, never mind, I think we'll all have that keen yet dazed look on our faces! :)

Guest gonzo23

Hey guys!

Sounds good to me. Now we just need the coordinates of this place since I'm sure plenty of people are new to the city. Is anybody going to bring a sign??? We need some way of identifying ourselves... since all we know right now is what interview weekend we attended and what we were wearing :lol Who is up for a nametag with their username?!?! ok. I admit I don't expect much enthusiasm...

Guest Nikhila

The Black Bull is located at 298 Queen Street West, at the corner of Queen and Soho. I'll most likely be coming from Chestnut so if anyone else is going from there maybe we can arrange to meet in the lobby before we head out to the pub.

For a write-up on the joint, check out the following link:

www.toronto.com/profile/578557/

I don't know how we'll know who is who but hopefully it'll be a nice day and we'll be able to sit on the patio so it won't be hard to spot the group of us

-Nikhila :)

Guest gonzo23

Thanks Nikhila!

Yay! It's cheap!

So I guess the invitation goes out to everyone in OT8 whether you've posted interest or not...

Since I'm neurotic when it comes to finding people I'll be wearing a UWaterloo shirt. Just in case there are many crowds there...

Guest getitonthefloor

So yo,

Black Bull, located at Queen and Soho @ 8PM on August 22nd.

I'm cool with that...I hope everyone else is!

See all of y'all there!

Woohoo! Not even a month left...think about it, 3 more weekends and O-Week starts!

Peace!

GIOTF

Guest ioncannon97

Guys,

I agree we can find each other once the group gets large enough, but what about the first 1, 2 or 3 people that show up. How the heck are they supposed to know who's who?

Guest Nikhila

Let me preface my suggestion by saying that I know it is a bit dorky....

But for the first 5 people or so who show up, what about having a sign that says OT8, not a huge neon yellow sign but I mean just a simple white piece of paper folded into a triangle with OT8 written on it....

Just out of curiosity, I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but you'll all soon find out I have no problem repeatedly exposing my ignorance. Why are the classes called OT8 instead of TO8 or UT8?

-Nikhila :\

Guest peachy
I mean just a simple white piece of paper folded into a triangle with OT8 written on it....
Sounds fine to me!

Why are the classes called OT8 instead of TO8 or UT8?
I don't know what the origins of the abbreviation are, but it's used by the whole university, not just medicine, and has been for at least many decades.

Also, it's actually 0T8 not OT8 (a zero instead of an O), as it needs two spots for digits (like the class of 1997 was 9T7) so TO8 or UT8 wouldn't work... :)

It sounds better for grad years like 4T1 or 9T9 though! :P

Guest gonzo23

Heh... thanks for the info. peachy. I was curious myself.

Well now everyone is going to have to bring an 0T8 sign b/c who knows who the first 5 are going to be :)

If I'm feeling adventurous enough I might even wear myself a funky nametag. But I don't know what my frame-of-mind will be on that day so don't bank on it :)

Archived