Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist?

Guest Kirsteen

hey mydream

thanks so much

I accepted an offer at the university of manitoba last month but I think I will reject it now in favour of U ot T. I'm up to 99% sure!

I am having a difficult time finding a place to live. any suggestions of where to look? where are you all living?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest UofT MD OT8

Ren,

Some places to look at:

1) If you are in Toronto or GTA, look at the Renters News (a magazine that is free to get and available at many street corners)

2) http://www.viewit.ca

3) If you are a UofT Student, you can look at UofT Off-Campus Housing. Just go to http://www.utoronto.ca, go to current student links and look under student Housing

4) Put in a late application at 89 Chestnut

5) go to http://www.torontomeds.com and click on Contents and scroll down to Housing and Classifieds!!!

A lot of us are looking. Right now, the renters have a lot of choice due to the economy; so there a lot of empty unoccupied suites. Just keep looking to find the optimal one in terms of rent, distance, and roomates!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadScientist03

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard anything lately about the waiting list and any recent offers being made?

Just wondering what the deal is.

MS03

Guest Steve U of T

I called the admissions office around July 8, and was told the class was full, with everyone having paid their deposit. For a spot to open up, somebody will have to give up $1000. I think if there's any more movement on the waiting list, it will be minimal.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I'm not sure what the latest is with the UofT class of 2008 or its waitlist movement, but I officially withdrew my name from the waitlist today. Hopefully it affords a wee bit of good for someone out there. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

Dear Kirsteen,

I am sure I speak on behalf of all of us in wishing you all the best at u OF C. When I saw you had posted in the waitlist section, I still had a hope that U of T finally saw the light :)

I really hope to see you/have the opportunity to work with you one day somewhere in the GTA :)

mydream88:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

Thanks for that, mydream88. You guys have been great. :D

Hopefully I'll see some of you around the wards next summer, as I'm hoping to return to TO for a bunch of weeks to complete the first set of Calgary electives. In fact, it might be an idea to get together then and swap first year stories. :)

Best of luck to you all this year,

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

That sounds like a plan Kirsteen, a get together is imminent! I'll definitely take you up on that!

have a nice day,

mydream88:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Just to follow-up, I received a wonderful note from Admissions in reply to my request earlier this week that my name be removed from the waitlist. Among other things, they commented that the waitlist moved the least this year than any year in the recent past. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest mydream88

Hi Kirsteen :D

I am glad that you received a nice note from admissions.

What I wonder is, why for pete's sake, the waitlist did indeed move so slowly this year. what has generated this anomaly?

I really look forward to you posting to us all soon to fill us in on your latest adventures at U of C 8o

you will be missed here :)

mydream88

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CalicoKal

So I got a letter from UofT today saying that after "careful evaluation" of my application they're unable to offer me a spot. I was on the waitlist before. Is this a standard letter sent out after the class is deemed "full" or is it that I've been taken off the list because suddenly I'm not good enough?

Anyone else??

Guest 2 plus 2 is 4

I also thought the same thing when I got the letter ('I wasn't supposed to be on the waitlist to begin with?'). I think it's just a standard letter they send to everyone who they're not able to offer a spot to including the waitlisters.

Archived