Premed 101 Forums

u of c housing survery (1st annual)

Guest Stalin

Guest jgray2

17th ave and 8th, stalin? if memory serves me correctly, my friend used to live at that almost exact location. he was telling me that there was a timothy's coffee house right across the street that had wireless internet. if he positioned his laptop just right against his window, he could connect to that signal. so what did he do? he cancelled his own shaw internet account ;)

as for myself, i'm living at home next year and the year after an the year after ... in the far northeast.

Guest wylie348

Hey Stalin and mg83 - we are all about 10 blocks from each other - perhaps a car pool is in order?

I know that might not be ideal all of the time, but who knows...

:)

(either that or we all meet on the LRT and chat are way to school)

hey,

I'm moving in on July 24th to my condo so I'll be there in plenty of time for the beginning of school. Carpool sounds great. I'm planning on getting that $32 parking/Shuttle bus thing. From what I hear its pretty efficient. I haven't heard about any parking closer than that.

Guest wylie348

I will be moving in sometime after the 25th of July. I am not supposed to actually move in until the last day in July, but I will have to wait and see. Regardless I have plenty of other places to stay if I am waiting to move in.

Guest wylie348

My place is actually on 14th and 2nd st. - so a little further from Stalin's. I will be paying $400 per month, includes internet, utils, cable, fully furnished, etc.

I know, I know, a great deal. It is a two bedroom, one is mine the other is a good friends, but he will only be in Calgary one night a month - he is very busy with real estate and is usually out of province or out of country.

I actually bought the condo i'm staying in. My mortgage payments are around $1450 + $280 for condo fees. I know its a little steep but i figure if my rent is going to be over $1000 I might as well be paying into a mortgage. I'm sure if I ever sell it, I'll make money on it so it was the best decision for me.

Guest happy2bme

well I'm living in the northwest about a 10-15 min drive with light traffic closer to 20min with traffic. no carpooling for me with the 17th Ave group!

At least I don't live in the deep south, that would be a heck of a commute every day!

As for your mortgage payment at 1400 plus condo fees.... ouch. But you do have a very valid point in buying rather than renting. And your location is definitly good.

Guest wylie348

Hey Happy - are you interested in the proposed ez board get together on the weekend before o week? We were thinking of the GSA in mac hall.

Guest happy2bme

I would definitly like too but I probably will not be back in town from holidays until the 31st and I am working on pm of the 31 and the 1st. But if you guys set a date and time I possibly could book off or try and work something out. Another idea is somewhere we didn't have to sign in like the downstairs Keg lounge across from the hospital, or I think someone suggested the Kilkinney across from the UofC LRT station. Then whomever would like to meet up is free to do so. I sure would enjoy meeting a few people before o-week, increases the comfort level on the first day.

Pick a date, time, and place and I will do my best to be there, even if it's just to drop in a say a quick hi.

Is anyone planning on bringing their S.O's/family members to the Lunch/BBQ during orientation week?

Guest wylie348

My family will be there for that portion of events!

Happy - it does not matter where we go - I have never been to the Kilkenny, but all sounds good. We just have to sort out a date in the next little bit.

Guest happy2bme

Excellent then I am going to bring my son and hopefully my spouse will be in town too!

Yes it doesn't matter where the action is I don't live or work very far from the uofC or the hospital so hopefully I 'll be available!

Archived