Premed 101 Forums

2.7 cgpa please help

48 minutes ago, Vivieeeeeee said:

Regardless of if dryorku is right or not, you live in Canada, want to study med here, and the reality is such as they described. Even if it is objectively better to start studying medicine fresh out of high school, this is not the current reality in Canada so you need to face it... You keep stressing X is too much work for you, Y takes too long. Every med student has gone through these struggles if not more to become one. I think you need to appreciate that. I don't think it's right for us Internet strangers to tell you to take or leave it, but we are logically laying out what you need to do in order to fulfill your dream. It's up to you to decide whether you should take the gamble or pursue something else. Bottom line is complaining it's too much won't change the reality. Plenty of people will do what you're not willing to.

Oh that wasn't my point at all, sorry if I didn't make that clear. I now know a second undergrad is my best option because of the people on this forum helping me. In fact I am currently discussing this with Mac admissions to see what transfer credits I can get with my current degree. When I was talking to dryorku I was talking about the bigger picture, how medicine should be taught in general. Not complaining about my situation, because it is my fault after all.

There is something so weird about this whole thread, and I think it is because OP is enjoying the attention. I feel like they are subtly trolling us...  like why else would OP keep this thread alive without earnestly entertaining any of the information presented. OP knows that their predicament is one that captivates a lot of attention because it is a bit ridiculous/ concerning, but instead of using the posts to help their own situation, they merrily dance around the information presented instead of appreciating its gravitas. smh.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:22 AM, ForgottenPro said:

Not sure why people didn't mention DO schools in the states, A and A+s are 4.0 by the AACOMAS standards, so 2 years of solid marks + >512 MCAT should yield a reasonable chance at DO, if Canada doesn't work out. I know DOs are really receptive for reinvention as well, so something to consider

I called Michigan state's DO school and they said that I would be a fairly competitive candidate if I get those marks. In terms of ECs the counsellor told me that I should get more community involvement,  especially a leadership role because that's what they value a lot. I'm gonna look into more DO schools but yeah this is probably easier than MD in America.

18 hours ago, LiconC said:

There is something so weird about this whole thread, and I think it is because OP is enjoying the attention. I feel like they are subtly trolling us...  like why else would OP keep this thread alive without earnestly entertaining any of the information presented. OP knows that their predicament is one that captivates a lot of attention because it is a bit ridiculous/ concerning, but instead of using the posts to help their own situation, they merrily dance around the information presented instead of appreciating its gravitas. smh.

Why do you think I'm trolling? I read every post and look into the information presented for myself. If I have any follow-up questions or comments then I reply. I don't get what y'all are expecting of me.

8 minutes ago, Frederick Sanger said:

Work on your E/C as well. You have asked how they are. I don't find them competitive at all. They need room to grow.

Is there something in particular I should focus on?

10 minutes ago, Frederick Sanger said:

I also recommend you to focus on your prospects now that you have feedback. At this stage, premedforum may not be serving you well. I find the tone of this thread a little too tense. It appears that you have a clear direction as to what you need to do.

I'm sorry for saying "no u" Coldery, I hope we can still be friends.

12 minutes ago, Frederick Sanger said:

Good luck and I hope you succeed after the next 2-3 years of pursuing your 2nd degree.

Thank you! It's really amazing to hear that from a two time Nobel prize winner :)