Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS Stats-UofC

Guest chenzy

Guest chenzy

Hi-

I'm a little confused about school-specific CaRMS stats. Are there any stats that show what specialties UofC grads have matched to in the past?

Thanks

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

There are stats around, (our faculty have provided us with some of them in the past), but I don't think they're publicly available. You could try contacting CaRMS to request the data that you're looking for specifically.

Are there any specialties specifically that you're wondering about? From last year's match, our graduates did quite well, snagging a good proportion of spots in the more competitive residencies, e.g., Plastics (UofT) as well as elsewhere, and ophtho.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest marbledust

You can find the publically accessible stats you are looking for on the homepage of the 2005 class. It tells you, for that class anyways, where people matched and what they matched to. I don't know the addess off the top if my head, but you can find the class pages off the faculty of medicine homepage. This years graduating class made some pretty spectacular matches with, I think off the top of my head, about 3 optho, 2 plastics, 1 derm, a couple to cardiac surgery...you would have to check the page to confirm those numbers.

Guest chenzy

Thanks Marble and Kirsteen! I found the stats through the Candirus page. Those match results are pretty impressive. The reason I was asking is because a U of A med student told me that U of C med students are not successful at matching into competitve specialties. I was a little dissapointed to hear that because I have an interest in Ophtho.. I guess that person was wrong and I feel much better after seeing those stats.

Archived