Premed 101 Forums

So the waitlist is moving already...

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

Judging my smile55's post in the Accepted/waitlisted/rejected topic the waitlist for inprov is already moving...

Now lets see how quickly they can blow through that list until they come to my lucky number...whatever that may be!

Although now I know I definitely wasn't #1...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fizzicyst

Congrats MDmmmsure! And good luck to everyone still on the waitlist... Queen's and U of O have already sent out emails so things should keep moving.

Wylie, I'm looking forward to that foosball game!

Guest rabbit

I will be removing my name from the OOP list, so one more vacant spot! Hope I'm not 85th on the list and this actually helps someone.

Good luck!

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1117605000</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>So the waitlist is moving already...</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>So the waitlist is moving already...</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>wylie348</username>

<dateline>1117630440</dateline>

<title>Re: foosball...</title>

<pagetext>You Got it Fizzi! I just hope that if I do not get in, that someone else will take over the foosball fund!

;)

Guest wildrose

I declined the offer from UofC, so hopefully the waiting will end for someone soon.

I keep my fingers crossed for all of you (especially for you happy2bme, I understand why you want to stay in Calgary, for similar reasons I accepted UofA offer).

Good luck too all!!!

Guest happy2bme

Thanks a bunch for the support wildrose! Congrats again on the acceptance to UofA! My sole wish at present is to verse you at IceBowl while playing for the UofC!

Only time will tell....LOL

Guest breaker79

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if the UofC has a separate waitlist for 2/3 year applicants like the UofA does? I don't think they do that, but I thought I would ask.

Guest Jerika81

Nope, they don't. There are two waitlists, one for in province, and the other for OOP. As U of C has no set number of 2nd/3rd years they will accept like U of A does, everyone is on the same waitlist.

Guest happy2bme

So it seems that people are flying off the waitlist at UBC. OK, by flying I mean 3 people posting in 3days that they are off.

So what's the deal with Calgary, do we have a dearth(love that word) of posters being accepted off the waitlist?

Why no action? I understand people not giving up their acceptance if they didn't get their first choice or if indeed Calgary was their first choice, but given the caliber of some of the stats that were posted by some Calgary acceptees, one must assume that some were accepted by other schools thus moving the waitlist as they decline Calgary.

If memory serves me correctly, there was more action this time last year on the list. Maybe just more ezboard addicts last year.....

Yeah yeah, I know, be patient Happy be patient. I guess I should be glad that no one is posting that they've been accepted off the waitlist because that means a better chance for me!

Guest wattyjl

i'm sure you've considered this happy, but the ontario schools have only had their acceptances out for 5-7d... maybe there will start to be some movement with the list in the next week or so.

Guest happy2bme

Thanks wattyjl,

I assumed that all schools are affected equally by the Ontario results and that aside from the french schools and NOMS that ezposting is consistant within populations (which is probably untrue on my part) But I just checked the UBC forum again and yet another off the waitlist! UBC sent out acceptances later correct? and Ontario results affects both schools equally, however I never considered how many spots at each school, which IS greater at UBC and therefore should have a greater # off the wait although still unproportional

All this leads me to believe that UofC is such a great school that no one wants to decline!!!!Darn it...And the waiting continues!

Guest medsmurf

Yeah, it sure is quiet around here with regards to waitlist movement. Maybe people have been staying away from the forums because of all of the problems with the ezboard...leaving just us neurotic ones left :rollin

Guest wylie348

I know how you all feel - evening more waiting! Not much we can do but hope for the best. Sometimes I think it is ironic that you have to struggle so hard to get into a profession that really has shortages - and we all know first hand that 'the system' needs more good doctors!

:)

Guest medsmurf

happy2bme,

I was rejected at UBC. My first choice is Calgary and my fingers are starting to hurt from keeping them crossed:rollin

Hopefully, we'll both be pulled off the waitlist soon:D

Guest CrazyKath

I swear, if one more person asks "Heard from Calgary yet?" I'm going to scream....

I know, I know... patience is a virtue.... *gr*

A big howdy to all my waitlisted OOP friends!

~K~

Guest keltok

Well, quiet or not, the OOP list is definately moving. Just got a call from Admissions this morning offering me a spot. I turned it down, and the very nice lady laughed and said she'd had a few of those this morning. Good luck to all you out there still waiting to hear!

Guest wylie348

Well, I sure hope that eventually the OOP list will transfer to the In Prov waiters if there are spots left over! I also hope we hear soon!

:eek

Guest CrazyKath

Thanks for the post keltok! It's nice to know that movement is happening and calls are being made... now I'll just cross my fingers harder :b

Guest happy2bme

Actually I'm sure the OOP's will be flying through their list,, although all 85 would be pretty incredible, because they made the cutoffs so high, therefore increasing the likelyhood of those interviewed also having multiple acceptances at the schools in their home prov. And for alot of people location is a HUGE factor, ie. family significant others etc. and alot don't like the 3 year format...

Guest bigmac

Hey guys. I just dropped by the office and ended up chatting with Judy for a while. Apparently Happy is right, they are flying through the OOP waitlist. I guess she has been calling with offers all day with not much luck. She said it was lucky they placed all 85 on the wait list. So maybe 85 isn't unreasonable.

Anyways, thought I'd share. Good Luck.

D Mac

Guest breaker79

Hey bigmac,

Did she happen to mention anything about the in-province waitlist? By the sounds of it, it seems pretty stagnant right now. Thanks,

breaker

Archived