Premed 101 Forums

Deferral

Guest amUous

Guest amUous

Hello,

Just wondering if Queens is amiable to deferred admission... the website has little to say about this topic so I was wondering if anyone has had luck in deferring their admissions or where I might find more information.

Thanks!

Guest physiology06

Hi there,

I don't know what the official policy is towards deferrals at Queen's, but I can confirm that deferrals are given out... I was on one this year! It can never hurt to ask for one, if you think that you'd benefit from it.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing on your deferred year, but if you're doing it to finish a degree, that would sound like a decent reason to me.

Cheers,

physiology06

• 1 month later...
Guest s245

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the conditions are (if any) if you were to deffer an acceptance.

Also for those of you who were accepted this year did you have to maintain a certain GPA in your last year of study?

Guest turtle

I was granted a deferral not once, but twice (!) to finish my Master's degree. Getting the first deferral was easy -- finishing one's degree (undergraduate or graduate) is the standard reason for granting one. The second one was a little more difficult. I was required to get a letter from my thesis supervisor confirming that there had been difficulties with my thesis & the expected timeline of completion, and the deferral then had to be approved by the dean of admissions.

A thing to remember is that the apparently only usually give out a certain (10?) number of deferrals per year, so the earlier you ask for one, the better.

Hope that helps...

turtle

Archived