Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist positions available for those of us still in limbo

Guest MD Brace

Guest MD Brace

So....I just called and got my waitlist position even though it's not the 3rd yet. So if you really need to know, you can find out. Does anyone who got in off the waitlist know what number they were and where the list is at now? I'm number 76, I get the feeling that this is pretty borderline and that I shouldn't hold my breath. just thought that I'd share the news...

Guest limbo924

Don't lose hope MD Brace! Your position will move up after July 3rd when those who were provisional at another school are removed from the Queen's waitlist. You should definitely call again next week (I certainly will be).

Guest wAcKo

so did u just email to find out or do you have to call? i much rather face the disappointment from email than phone call.... just in case i start cursing...

Guest MD Brace

I just phoned and they got my file and told me that I was number 76 out of about 200. I thought that there were 389 on that list but I suppose people got accepted elsewhere and were removed. Who knows.....but yeah, I did phone but that doesn't mean you can't send an email to try to find out. Personally I couldn't wait any longer.

Guest s245

Hey guys,

I just found out on friday (june 30th) that i got off the waitlist, so its still moving. Best of luck to everyone still on the list, don't give up hope.

Guest brownie99

I got an email last Friday, and I was in the top 25% of the waitlist (not sure of the actual number), so don't lose hope! It sounds like the waitlist is moving well!

Guest Melisende

Nope, it is not possible to hold more than one provisional acceptance to Ontario medical schools. Once you accept one, it will automatically cancel all you other acceptances to Ontario schools.

Guest MagnumMD

Hey guys,

If you planned on calling today to find out your position, don't be disappointed if they don't tell you.

I called and they told me I wasn't "too far down", but wouldn't budge on giving me an actual number.

Good luck everyone!

Guest razanoor

Hi guys,

I was offered off the waitlist last week from Queens which I have just declined because I will be going to U of A. Hopefully, one of you on the board will get a call soon.

Archived