Premed 101 Forums

Dal activities

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has actually filled out all 28 entries for the dal app? Having 7 awards/achievements isn't too hard to hit, but 7 extracurriculars, employment, and volunteer activities each? I couldn't get close to that unless I listed multiple roles I had within the same activity or organization. Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to be competitive in terms of ECs at dal? As an OOP this will matter a lot more for me. 

4 hours ago, garceyues said:

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has actually filled out all 28 entries for the dal app? Having 7 awards/achievements isn't too hard to hit, but 7 extracurriculars, employment, and volunteer activities each? I couldn't get close to that unless I listed multiple roles I had within the same activity or organization. Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to be competitive in terms of ECs at dal? As an OOP this will matter a lot more for me. 

I filled all 28, but I lumped certain scholarships together for the same criteria (my uni had a simple application form and gave you scholarships based on that one application) but there were a couple spots where I broke some activities down into 2 spots instead of one.

For example, I was a coach for a high school team, but I also trained the players in the gym in the off season. I made that two different entries.

there is no set number. Three quality commitments with a good amount of hours is better than 7 okay entries with mediocre hours. I know of people who structured their app different than mine, and who certainly did not fill each entry! Don’t worry about it and just focus on doing what feels best given your application :)

• 3 weeks later...