Premed 101 Forums

Paranoid Android!

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

About the 3 full terms of non science, i understand this means 6 half courses or 3 full yr courses. what i wanted to know was this:

i have two years of introductory courses in humanities and for the third i have higher level stuff. but the higher level stuff (2 half courses) are not in the same subject. one is 300 level psyc and the other is 300 level english. The higher level stuff doesnt have to be in the same subject right? My introductory stuff (4 half credits) is mainly in 100 level english and french. So could someone take the time to let me know i am just being a paranoid android? :) But if i'm not being paranoid, let me know! then at least i can take a summer course and figure this out. i've emailed Darla but i know the moderators are awesome and amazing (:) ) and can ease my worries during this weekend.

thanks very very much guys!

Guest UWOMED2005

Wow. . . you kind of are being paranoid. :) Don't worry, I was as well. It's better to be safe than sorry - I almost got caught on this myself. I'm pretty sure you're fine - but I don't know, as I myself don't find the regulations for the "non-science" requirements that clear. In any case, sounds like the kind of thing you can check out after June 3rd, if it is a problem you can probably appeal, and if that doesn't work you still have a fair amount of time to possibly take another 1/2 credit in either upper year psych or english in summer school. So don't worry about it - it shouldn't be a problem, but if it is you can still deal with the situation before September.

Guest jennifer Y

Hi Monkey:

I had also asked the same question, and the answer to me was that they wanted to see a progression; so for one of the non-science courses I took 1, 2, and 3rd year level.

Guest Little Brown Kid

Actually monkey, for your year, the requirements have changed. For Meds 2005 and before, we had to have three non-sciences with progression, but YOU have to have three non-sciences period, and one of them has to be an essay course.

Here is what the university says

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> B) Non-Science Courses (as interpreted by Western's Academic Calendar)

A total of three full, or equivalent, non-science courses, at least one of which must be an essay course*.

*Validity of essay course will be audited<!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

Hope this helps.

Guest UWOMED2005

Actually, Nomus. . . I think we've gone over that and Ray & Ambrose cleared that up on Alex's UWO forum. I'm pretty sure those requirement are for NEXT year's application cycle (2003.) For some reason, the administration decided to post those requirements this year.

Guest SoHo

Here's my situation:

I want to apply this Fall (2002), I have 2 non-science credits thus far. My question is, can I take my third non-science course (showing progression) in the summer of my acceptance (2003)? If so, do I have to have a good excuse? Thanks for your help.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

From what I gather, yes, you can, in fact, take the courses required to fulfill the prereqs posted by UWO the summer you were accepted, which is, in fact, what a number of current UWO med students did, what a number of soon-to-be UWO med students are doing, and what a number of later-to-be UWO med students will do. So don't worry if you won't have all 3 prereqs at the time of application!

Of course, to add my personal disclaimer, I am not a current UWO meds student and very well might never be, so my comments and opinions are strictly that and do not necessarily reflect those of UWO Meds, UWO Meds Admissions, nor UWO Meds students in any way shape or form.

Best of luck!

Tim

Guest Little Brown Kid

Oh....shist....sorry...my bad...so you are SURE, redarJ, that the prereqs that are on the website are meant for the class of 2007 then and do NOT apply to applicants this year??

Guest UWOMED2005

No worries Nomus - I'm not 100% positive on that it is for NEXT year, but I am 95% positive. The topic has been covered on the Meds2006 Admissions forum.

Archived