Premed 101 Forums

Next year...

Guest 2003applicant

Guest 2003applicant

Hi,

I'm going to be applying to Western this fall. I haven't heard much about the admissions process. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what kind of chance I might have(roughly).

My overall OMSAS GPA is about 3.73-4, and my top two years would be around 3.84-6. My MCAT is 31.

I have the standard extra-currics (ie. Research, volunteering), and I also have a lot of writing experience.

Sorry - this is an annoying question, but I am somewhat clueless about Western.

Cheers.

Guest UWOMED2005

This year's cutoffs for interviewing at Western were one year (any year) with a GPA of 3.65 and MCATs of 9/9/9/P. You then need to maintain that GPA of 3.65 in your final year to make sure your acceptance won't be rescinded.

It's impossible to predict next year's cutoffs with any certainty, but based on past years you should be more than safe with a 3.7 GPA and 10s across the board (Writing Sample Q), and be quite likely to get an interview with stats a bit lower than that (3.65, 9s/P for this year. . . year before last it was even 3.60 and the gpa has gone as low as 3.55, I believe. . .)

Guest curious

What happend is you are in school the year of application or are not taking a full course load?

Do they look at the last full year that you were full time?

Thanks

Archived