Premed 101 Forums

DAT predicament for Western

Hi everyone, 

I looking for some opinions. I am applying to Western Dentistry this year and I'm scheduled to redo the DAT this November.

For my November 2019 DAT, I scored: BIO: 21, CHEM: 21, AA: 21, RC: 21, PAT: 24

I decided to retake the DAT in hopes to boost my application as I thought last year I could do better without having the burden of midterms during the DAT but now I am unsure. I originally thought UWO only looked at AA and RC but now with them looking at PAT, I'm hesitant on retaking it.

I looked at the average of accepted students for the class of 2024 and its RC: 21, AA: 21, PAT 20

my GPA is ~90.5 (best 2 years)

What do you guys think?

13 hours ago, pjikim said:

Hi everyone, 

I looking for some opinions. I am applying to Western Dentistry this year and I'm scheduled to redo the DAT this November.

For my November 2019 DAT, I scored: BIO: 21, CHEM: 21, AA: 21, RC: 21, PAT: 24

I decided to retake the DAT in hopes to boost my application as I thought last year I could do better without having the burden of midterms during the DAT but now I am unsure. I originally thought UWO only looked at AA and RC but now with them looking at PAT, I'm hesitant on retaking it.

I looked at the average of accepted students for the class of 2024 and its RC: 21, AA: 21, PAT 20

my GPA is ~90.5 (best 2 years)

What do you guys think?

In my opinion you're in good shape. I don't really see the necessity of retaking it with your current scores. If you really want you can retake it and if it's worse then I'm pretty sure you can still just send your Nov 2019 scores