Premed 101 Forums

Bursuries on Bill Statement

Guest tweep0

Guest tweep0

Hi everyone,

I received my bill statement by mail today. There is a line which says 'anticipated aid' but there was no entry (not even $0.00). Do bursuries normally come with the bill statement or do they come later? I applied for a bursary online about a month ago. Should I be worried? Thanks.

Tweep

Guest ClimbOn

Under "Anticipated aid" on my statement, I have an entry called "UWO continuing admission bursary" and then the money amount. I found out that I got this bursary last week. Try contacting the financial office if you haven't heard anything yet.

Guest therealcrackers

Some of the bursaries are sent out before everyone gets their fee bills, others are not. Most people will get their bursary money in the fall, or in January. If you get a Millenium scholarship, that is issued as a cheque made out to you in January. Of course, the Ontario government takes that out of your OSAP funding for that year... no extra money, but $3000 less that you have to pay back...

Guest aneliz

If you applied for an admission bursary in the spring (ie before you were accepted), you should have received notification of your bursary amount with your acceptance. If you received this notification already, it should be shown on your tuition statement. If it is not, call student financial services.

If you applied for an admission bursary later, you may have to wait awhile for your application to be assessed and processed. If you have not received any notification of your bursary amount yet, it will NOT be shown on your fee bill. You will receive a letter or e-mail telling you about your bursary amount later in the fall (or in January) and your bursary money will be applied either to your second installment of tuition (if you choose to split it) or will be issued to you as a cheque in Nov-Jan. If this is your situation, don't contact student financial services yet - all they will tell you is that it hasn't been processed yet.

Guest tweep0

Hi,

Thanks for the posts. Aneliz, I called UWO before I read your post and they told me exactly what you said. I applied in June and my application has not been processed. They told me I should hear from them via mail within the next couple weeks. Thanks.

Tweep

Archived