Premed 101 Forums

Mistake in High Performance in Human Endeavor

Hi guys! So I've been giving this some thought ever since I submitted my App: I put a writing contest in the High Performance in Human Endeavor category. It seemed like a good idea when I wrote and submitted my App, but now I'm starting to doubt that my activity counts in this category. I don't know if it's too late to contact UBC Med Admissions about this mistake. Will they think I have poor judgement or just dumb and can't tell what counts as a high achievement?   For context: none of my verifiers that I know of have been contacted, so I'm starting to worry what if UBC decided to not consider me because they think I wasn't being honest with this category (which isn't the case. The only reason I put it down in this category is because UBC said to not contact them about categories and I thought it was an achievement).

Please let me know what you guys think, many thanks in advance!

As the comment above says, you should not worry about it! I participated in their webinars during the summer and they said that if they feel like your entry belongs in another category, they will still consider it. Besides, they are very vague about that section so it's not like they can penalize you. If it makes you feel better, I also included a writing contest in that category and had a few verifiers contacted, so I am sure your entry was accepted as well.