Premed 101 Forums

Yes. Just do it imo.

Depends what you mean though. If indeed it's a contract job with a fixed start and end date, then don't apply unless you know you can fulfill those dates.

If it's just a job that's intended to be permanent until you leave, then by all means apply and then communicate that you've been accepted to medical school (which starts in Aug) sometime in late June or something. Gives them time to plan for a replacement

Generally, I would also say apply. Do not put your life on hold for medical school. If you don't get in you will have a job and if you do get in most employers would be happy for you and understanding of the situation. 

That being said I do not know the terms and duration of the contract. If it is a fixed contract you could apply and explain your situation fully. Then it is up to them if they hire you.

If they directly ask you about your plans I believe you should be honest. You can explain that you are hoping to pursue medicine but it is extremely competitive and you are unsure if you will be successful. 

Do what you feel is right.