Premed 101 Forums

4 minutes ago, garceyues said:

Stay positive fam ;)

I think its 1/3? Unless U of A also had increased applicants this year. Either way, the breakdown isn't that simple because of IP advantage

I think you're right! I was thinking of U of C, the onboard MD app I have says that around 1300 applicants apply, so even if it went up to 1500 this year with increase due COVID layoffs/career changes, it should be a one in three assuming ~500 interviews. I have 0 idea how OOP stats would come into play lol.

12 minutes ago, boymama20 said:

I think you're right! I was thinking of U of C, the onboard MD app I have says that around 1300 applicants apply, so even if it went up to 1500 this year with increase due COVID layoffs/career changes, it should be a one in three assuming ~500 interviews. I have 0 idea how OOP stats would come into play lol.

UofC had 1700+ applications last year and 2000+ this year as reported by the school admissions.

UofA is likely at 2000+ but likely more since their OOP GPA cutoff is much lower.