Premed 101 Forums

MMI mock interviewing and interview training

Dr.B

Hey guys I know lots of people are grouping together to work on mock style interviews which I think is a good first step.  As a fifth year resident I've been through (medical, residency, fellowship) MMI and panel interviews and have collected/created numerous MMI/panel inspired questions which I found were immensely high yield.  Also there are important "anchor statements" I found were essential in answering questions that get you the check box when answering these questions.  As someone who used to be on committees for interviews, I found that essential elements or anchor statements were often needed to do well on a station and this is what we looked for in addition to certain other key determinants.  Thirdly the power of both verbal/non-verbal communication was and still is huge in these settings.  The goal is to truly impress your interviewer with maturity and depth in your answers.  This is just like the MCAT, no matter how smart you are, you have to practice at it non stop to understand the style of it.  

mmimadeeasy.com

If anyone's interested in going over some in depth training with physicians and coaches don't hesitate to reach out and we can start setting you up for real success.  Remember that interviews are only competitive to those whom are unprepared. 

Best