Premed 101 Forums

Msc in Rehabilitation sciences vs kinesiology

I have a bsc in physiotherapy from India and I wanna move to Canada for my further studies. I plan on applying for both rehabilitation sciences and kinesiology thesis based masters. I want to know which one would be better suited if I want to continue practicing physiotherapy after completion. 

2 hours ago, Bloomquifa said:

I have a bsc in physiotherapy from India and I wanna move to Canada for my further studies. I plan on applying for both rehabilitation sciences and kinesiology thesis based masters. I want to know which one would be better suited if I want to continue practicing physiotherapy after completion. 

I might be wrong on this, but I thought you have to finish a Canadian equivalent master of physical therapy degree to practice as a physio. Neither a master's degree in Kin or Rehab Science gives you an alternative route to become a physio. 

19 minutes ago, Floating said:

To add onto what @Veryshawn said, if you want to practice as physio, you can do the Qualifying Year path at McGill University. This path will allow you to get a Masters of Applied Sciences in Physical Therapy, which lets you be a physiotherapist in Quebec.

Yup. The only thing about McGill is they are starting to add french language requirement, which could possible be an additional hurdle for international applicant who don't speak french. 

On 3/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, Veryshawn said:

I might be wrong on this, but I thought you have to finish a Canadian equivalent master of physical therapy degree to practice as a physio. Neither a master's degree in Kin or Rehab Science gives you an alternative route to become a physio. 

No I just need to give the pce to get my license to practice 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 8:57 PM, Bloomquifa said:

No I just need to give the pce to get my license to practice 

Then that's perfect. I thought you will have to need a master degree in physiotherapy in Canada to practice as a Physio! Then there is really no need to do a master in either kin or rehab science. 

• 2 months later...