Premed 101 Forums

Is my GPA Good enough for medical school?

Basically what the title says.

First Year GPA: 1.88 (I know... but my grandpa passed away during first semester exams and the registrar wouldn't let me withdraw)

Second Year= 3.72 ----->  Not including summer classes = 3.45

Third Year: 3.9x (did not take summer classes)

Fourth year: TBD (assuming I can get another 3.9x)

My MCAT Score is a 515 and ECs are pretty decent. 

I know UBCs policy will help me get 30 credits off my first year (+ bonus for being IP) and queens takes your best two years. So, those are my top two schools to get into. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Getting a masters is not in my plan...

Also consider western if your MCAT is balanced the right way, as they have a 2yr gpa formula too (assuming you’re full time both years). Knowing your exact gpa for the 2 years you have (assuming you drop year 1) for ubc would also be helpful for folks to assess your competitiveness and give advice, as gpa doesn’t always cleanly translate to percentage

19 minutes ago, TheFlyGuy said:

Also consider western if your MCAT is balanced the right way, as they have a 2yr gpa formula too (assuming you’re full time both years). Knowing your exact gpa for the 2 years you have (assuming you drop year 1) for ubc would also be helpful for folks to assess your competitiveness and give advice, as gpa doesn’t always cleanly translate to percentage

Unfortunately I don't qualify for western :L ... I only have 4 courses most semesters with 2 semesters (different years) with 5 courses. Would you have any insight on what Memorial universities average acceptance GPA is?