Premed 101 Forums

If anyone could offer some insight about whether they would rewrite the DAT, it would be appreciated! (don't know if I should post into the "What are my Chances?")

I'm not too sure if I should post this into the "What are my chances/Should I retake the DAT" thread, but it seems to have died down a bit a few years ago, so I figured my best bet would be to post on here. 

Could someone let me know whether or not the following stats would make me competitive for U of T, or if I should rewrite the DAT? 

My GPA is 3.97 and my DAT scores are: RC - 21, Bio - 21, Chem - 22, PAT - 21 (June DAT)

Any insight would really be appreciated. :( Thank you guys so much. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:53 PM, dentistrydmd said:

the dat is about 15% of your preinterview score, it is a minimal factor compared to your GPA which is around 60-65%. I wouldn't worry too much in your case. 

Where did you hear that DAT is 15% and GPA is 60-65%? 

I read some old posts where it was 60% GPA, 30% Interview and 10% DAT, but that was a long time ago when UofT posted the weight of each component. Now, UofT doesn't reveal this information, so I'm wondering where you got this from? 

Additionally, since you seem to know the weighting, I'd like to ask how much you think essays and casper might be worth? Are they likely to be simply used as cutoffs and to search for red-flags? Or, will they actually have a smaller percentage weighting in the admissions process?

On 7/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, toothbetold said:

I'm not too sure if I should post this into the "What are my chances/Should I retake the DAT" thread, but it seems to have died down a bit a few years ago, so I figured my best bet would be to post on here. 

Could someone let me know whether or not the following stats would make me competitive for U of T, or if I should rewrite the DAT? 

My GPA is 3.97 and my DAT scores are: RC - 21, Bio - 21, Chem - 22, PAT - 21 (June DAT)

I'm not sure how this score stacks up against previous years in terms of percentile, but 21 is about 78-83% percentile for each section. I'm not sure if I should rewrite at this point. I don't want to risk losing an interview at U of T due to my DAT scores not being high enough, but at the same time I fee l like it's risky to rewrite since UWO takes your latest scores.

Any insight would really be appreciated. :( Thank you guys so much. 

Your DAT is absolutely fine and competitive. Don't get bogged down in the percentiles, your scores will not limit you :)

1 minute ago, Fred VanVleet's Tooth said:

Your DAT is absolutely fine and competitive. Don't get bogged down in the percentiles, your scores will not limit you :)

You can't begin to imagine my elation to see that Fred VanVleet's Tooth responded to my thread :D Thank you so much for responding to my post and your help in this forum in general!! :)