Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

5 minutes ago, takemal said:

yess unfortunately i gor refused! i wish they can say why! but it might be cause i do not have an honours degree! The lady told me sometimes they accept people even without honors

I'm very sorry to hear that! Hopefully you are accepted in another school! 

10 hours ago, Otapplicant22 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know my stats and give hope for future applicants. I applied this year for OT at UBC, UofA, UofT, Western, Queens, and Mcmaster with an sgpa of 3.54 and cgpa of 3.44. I got rejected everywhere except for Western, Just confirmed my acceptance at western. I had a 4th quartile casper, but i was sure i wouldn't get in anywhere. Don't let GPA stats ruin your confidence! If this is truly what you want please keep trying, you got this. 

Thank you for this and congratulations!  May I ask did you have extensive experience within OT field? 

1 minute ago, prospectiveabPT said:

My Mac PT application says submitted and awaiting payment however I've yet to receive any confirmation on if I've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted. anyone else in the same boat?  

Just curious, where does it say that for you ? On the main applicant portal ?

16 minutes ago, prospectiveabPT said:

My Mac PT application says submitted and awaiting payment however I've yet to receive any confirmation on if I've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted. anyone else in the same boat?  

I had this momentarily this morning then it changed back to submitted/under review D:

10 hours ago, dib1141 said:

Guess we can do this fun thing now 

Applied: PT- Western, Queens / OT - UofA, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: None :/

Rejected: PT - Western, Queens / OT - Queens

Waitlisted: UofA, Western

sGPA: 3.57 (according to ORPAS) cGPA - I dunno

Casper - 4th quartile 

felt like my qualitative parts of my application were good ( Licensed and practicing Athletic Therapist, coaching/volunteering for a new accessible ringette program, lots of clinic hours both working & shadowing with OT’s and some other non-rehab specific experience) but my GPA is obviously lacking lol. Guess it’s a waiting game now - but already signed up for more courses to boost the GPA!

I’m in the same boat! Rejected at western, waitlisted at UofA.

what part of the waitlist are you in for UofA?

30 minutes ago, AnaM said:

I’m in the same boat! Rejected at western, waitlisted at UofA.

what part of the waitlist are you in for UofA?

Bottom! So don’t have a whole lot of hope there, but it was my first round applying so now I know I’m good enough to get waitlisted! Just gotta boost the GPA and hopefully get some better results :) 

Just now, dib1141 said:

Bottom! So don’t have a whole lot of hope there, but it was my first round applying so now I know I’m good enough to get waitlisted! Just gotta boost the GPA and hopefully get some better results :) 

Oh ok! Sounds like a good plan, that’s my plan as well! 

1 hour ago, EWPT said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): All PT: UBC, UofA, Dalhousie, Western, U of T, McMaster
Accepted: UBC, U of A, Dalhousie, McMaster
Waitlisted: Western
Rejected: U of T
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa: c-gpa 3.97; s-gpa 3.98

Casper: 4th quartile

Congrats! Have you decided which program you will attend?