Premed 101 Forums

UBC Interview

You can't really prepare for it because their questions are really random and nothing like US dental school interviews. They just want to know your personality and insist on not faking it because they care about the class dynamics. So, if your personality is not the type they are looking for, then probably it is for your own interest not to attend that school for 4 long years. Just relax and be yourself :)

You received excellent advice! Just be your authentic self, letting your personality shine. Should you be asked "Tell me about yourself", be prepared to describe your interests, why you are passionate about this profession, what led you to dentistry, the challenges you have overcome, your development that prepares you for the study of dentistry, and any hobbies and experiences that highlight whom you are. Just relax and be yourself!

On 11/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, Moneytree said:

When I interviewed last year in November there was around 60 students in the zoom call.

I think there will be less this year because when I interviewed in September, there were already 70-80 people. UBC has a 2:1 ratio of Interview:seats so I think there should only be 40 people perhaps.