Premed 101 Forums

transfer to York from UofT

Guest tamkhan1

Guest zohaibab

U of T chemistry,

Is that how all U of T students behave on internet forums and throw tantrums about their achievements, or is it only you :lol ? I have nothing against U of T, in fact I'm proud of it as a Canadian. Maybe you need a piece of humble pie before you embark on your journey. Good luck.

P.S: I think anyone should be able to do well on the reading section on both MCAT and DAT if they are in the habit of reading, whether it's scientific or non-scientific literature. Please don't tell me that your school "prepared" you for reading! That's something a good high school education develops, and your scores clearly reflect that. Once again, good luck.

Guest predentalguy

these are my two cents...

What tamkhan said is exactly what im thinking... i mena think about it.. u guys are stickingup for universities that have done u up the bum for the past who knows how long. I respect UofT york etc.

In the end of the day....As long as u can get accepted.. doesnt matter where u go...as long as u can find ur niche ur set....

One other thing that i have realized about uoft students... is that they really think they are smarter than everyone else...uoft chemistry.. im not talking about u... i know u are smart after meeting u....but havent u realized that uoft students tend think they are better then the rest.. but in reality all they can do is study real hard ahhaha

I must say although on the whole... uoft students can study harder and be better in the books... that doesnt directly correlate to a successful life in general... in other words.. i beleive street smarts is worth a lot more when it comes down to it... abusiness mind etc

so zohaib i think ur right when it comes down to whereveer u go doesnt matter as long as u get accepted... but seriosuly when people make fun of york its all in good fun... haha... and i like the pee joke about uoft... hahaha

cheers boys...

remember were on the same team here.. lets try to be as productive as possible...

Guest zohaibab

Finally someone making sense and not PMS-ing over U of T's "challenges" as compared to other universities :lol ! Well said, my friend.

Guest uoft Chemistry

That's cool predentalguy......Yah it nice meeting u as well......I guess I responded in that way because I might have taken the pee uft thingy personally so I kinda stuck up for our school. But yah its nothing personal aginst york students or any otehr schools on that matter as well. Ur right we're all on the same team here trying to slip into the door. No hard feelings guys, I know ur all regular poster here's and we all had our encounters somewhere in the past. Good luck all, I take those things above back.

me

Guest PhantomPhoenix

People who just stereotype the difficulties levels of comparable schools based on a small sample size really needs to take a stats class. You might have taken a comparable course that was easier at York....but that one course doesn't automatically make every course at York easier. I remember Western students taking Organic Chem at York in the summer and regretting it....they never stopped @#%$ in class.

I probably have an advantage over most since I've basically done 2 undergrads...one at UofT and York. And I will tell you I don't see a difference....it all comes down to the prof and courses. The prof. u get can make or break you, its as simple as that. Also, you should choose courses where the method of testing suits you. Basically do ur research. It amazing how much easier ur workload is if u actually pick the right courses and profs for you.

If York was so much easier, then why is the highest mark I ever received on my UofT transcript. :rollin

Students who switch universities usually improve their GPA because they have improved their work habits. If u associate ur present university with bad karma/thoughts....then it also helps to start at a new place where although u might not have a blank slate (since u can never erase ur academic history) u still feel psychologically that you've put the past years behind you.

Guest zohaibab

PhantomPhoenix,

Very interesting post. I was hoping for a contribution from someone who has been on both sides of the border and I'm glad you came through. I have seen Mac and Western "pre-med" students taking Physics over the summer here at York, and completely messing it up. As I stated, if you are bright enough and have a good work ethic, there isn't much that would get into your way. Good luck to everyone.

Guest tamkhan1

indeed, a good post!

"Also, you should choose courses where the method of testing suits you. Basically do ur research"

i def. agree with you on this thing. method of testing matters big time, in any uni. I personally, hate courses which require long answers. Multiple choice, is where its at:\ , for me, atleast.

Guest BeEasyy

Still Drinking the pee is WAY DAMN harder than holding a fork... so UofT is the champion! yeyyyy... and Zahaiba I luv you dude, u act like u r yorkian and there is a fork in ur bot; shove it up higher my dear... If you need help lemme know :rollin

Guest zohaibab

BeEasyy,

You are so amusing. You do realize that you are the only ten year old in this thread? Nice going, homeboy.

P.S: Adding smilies to your post does not automatically render it funny. Think About it, moron.

Guest zohaibab

Johnwoo,

Acting like an immature jackass is way too easy on internet forums. I thought predent students like BeEasyy (and I'm using the term very lightly in his/her case) would be way above that, so there should be no need for moderators. I guess you are right after seeing the reaction of ten year old "pre-dental" morons on this forum.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

oh my, reading this stuff, I see that I am needed here.

As for certain retardedones, he/she didn't do a damn thing, it wasn't him that took me out. I spoke with Ian, we found the perp and got their IP.

Back to the issue. York vs. U of T. IN my opinion I think the smarter student goes to York because they are smart enough to know that U of T is tough as nails, and to do well at U of T takes a lot of effort and smarts. Doing well at York is simple, work hard, study your stuff well, and have a bit of smarts. So it is easier to do well at York given you have the right attitude and work ethic. People don't do well at York either because they lack the natural ability or they are not taking it seriously...University is University, if you don't take it seriously, even the smartest will fail.

It doesn't matter which school you go to for dental school and with the right effort and strategy you will go far. But from what I know, U of T undergrad is hard. I know people in dental school that transferred from U of T to York and did very well. They bombed U of T. To be successful at U of T you need a certain ability with respect to academics.

However, in general, I do find that the students who did their undergrad at U of T to be more of the textbook "intellectual" and appear smarter than ones that went to York..there are exceptions. IT also depends on what they studied as well.

I did not go to U of T for undergrad. I went to Western. A lot of my high school friends that were much smarter than me went to U of T and got slaughtered. We all went to UTS for high school so they aren't dumb...

Guest kellyl20

I second that. Our not so bright cousins "had" to go to York instead as they know, in their heart of hearts, that they will bomb at UT. They would have loved to graduate from UT b/c of its reputation, but they knew better.

Guest BeEasyy

There is nothing more thrilling than getting on the nerve of some tight-bot like Zahaiban :lol who have ABSOLUTELY no sense of humor, godd... u take the cake my friend, I am truly in luv with you looool... and here is another smiley just for u :rollin .

Guest BeEasyy

oh and btw, I agree with TheChosenone. The smarter ppl go to york and will have some life and will enjoy school, unlike me for eg...all I remember from my undergrad is books, nothin more, no real fun... and here is another smiley for Zahaiban :lol

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

zohaibab you go to york? Has York helped you get an interview/acceptance into dental school? Because if it did, I don't know what is the big fuss about.

Look at it from this perspective, if both you and BeEasy got into dental school, you both ended up in the same place no matter what school you went to. So who cares?

because the way i see it, you and beeasy will just be fighting each other over and over, the way the Retardedone dds did with me. I just realized, no point to fight and argue with him, he writes nonsense and has no credibility, much like the @#%$ I used to post. Now I just post advice hoping that someone can make use of it because I do have cred.

People made fun of me for going to Western all the time, but in the end, everything worked out great for me. So no need to get worked up. This is something I learned even coming to these forums; There will always be people who don't like you, you don't have to impress everyone, just do what you have to do, and if you are satisfied with yourself, then YOU ARE THE MAN.

BTW, U of T is a @#%$ school in terms of student friendly. U of T is only good because their post grad options are huge (they have a lot of post undergrad schools and grad schools in diff subjects), so they attract the best of the best from Undergrad not to mention all the money they have from research. With such standards, of course they kill their own undergrads, they have to keep up their reputation.

I went to U of T for dental school because my parents have a couple properties downtown so it was very convienient.

Guest zohaibab

BeEasyy,

You are not getting on my nerves at all :D ! But I expected a bit of maturity on these forums, unlike other forums that are out there. Banter on internet forums is awesome, but I expect the sense of humor to be toned down a bit in here, and I expect people not to use jokes involving shoving things up other people's butts! It's not a teenage forum you know, you guys here are mature adults (hopefully) and should act accordingly.

Chosenone, good to see you back. I haven't applied to dental school yet, but I expect to easily get an interview atleast because my GPA for the past two years has been above 3.9. Even at York, I see myself studying regularly all the time, and I'm sure I would have done atleast enough at any other university to get an interview. Another friend of mine at York who applied to dental did get an interview this year; I'll update you on him when the acceptances come out. Cheers.

Archived