Premed 101 Forums

Question for applicants with prereqs in progress this winter, did admissions contact you?

ceelbe

8 hours ago, Loki_MD said:

I have 1 pre-req remaining this winter, and I did not get any news from McGill.

I wouldnt lose hope! Would your registration for the prerequisite have been on any of the records you already sent them? I had said that I would be taking my last prerequisite in the winter term, but it didnt appear on any transcript or record I submitted at the time of application, so it might be that they're just checking for people that have no paper trail of the prerequisite course? Dont know if it's the same for you @ceelbe?

34 minutes ago, Romina said:

I wouldnt lose hope! Would your registration for the prerequisite have been on any of the records you already sent them? I had said that I would be taking my last prerequisite in the winter term, but it didnt appear on any transcript or record I submitted at the time of application, so it might be that they're just checking for people that have no paper trail of the prerequisite course? Dont know if it's the same for you @ceelbe?

Yeah it’s the same for me because I was only able to register for the classes in January (doing them at a cegep) so no proof of registration before that. So for those who registered in advance and submitted the proof that they were registered already with their application then I’m sure this is different yeah!! :) 

2 minutes ago, backinschool said:

Thats an impressive GPA! Where did you do your Nursing Degree? Did you like it? 

The wait until tomorrow is nerve wracking... I wonder how early they start releasing invites...

I think it started around 8 am last year. Also you have to check on minerva because the email notification comes a few hours later

6 minutes ago, backinschool said:

Thats an impressive GPA! Where did you do your Nursing Degree? Did you like it? 

The wait until tomorrow is nerve wracking... I wonder how early they start releasing invites...

Thank you! I did 2 years nursing DEC in cegep and 2 years bachelors at McGill. I didn’t have to do the sciences that most of the 4-year university nursing degrees have to do (but I did them outside of my degree for prereqs) so it really saved my GPA compared to other nursing programs I’m sure! I enjoyed it, can’t complain honestly. 

Yeah I think 9am ish onward but not everyone gets their results at the same time so be prepared to refresh all morning :lol: