Premed 101 Forums

Should I just shoot myself now

Guest bigtooth

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

i think i answered it, ok fine i wasn't too clear. my bad i guess...

Ok, let me repeat myself. First I will answer your question, yes for my application into oral surg they wanted undergrad marks but they don't count for much.

Now for UNDERGRAD INTO DENTAL SCHOOL-

"Oh when I got into dental school, see i applied to harvard, columbia, etc. got into all those american ones, so i stopped trying after december when i got in. But I had really easy courses so i just cheated off my roomate for the multiple choice and or bum notes from these girls i know, memorized them for the exam and that's it. I didn't care, just didn't want to fail...so by the time I was interviewed for U of T I didn't care....I just went in, talked a bit of garbage, got in and that was that. I lied my ass off in the interview. You just gotta be consistent."

I thought I made it clear...hope this helps.

3rd year counts, i only did 3 years of undergrad..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunnysourire

um, i happen to know a bunch of ppl in dentistry at u of t, including some of ur classmates, (if not urself..lol) and i hang out there/with them quite a lot, and not to burst ur bubble or anything but i ihave to say, well-spoken maybe, but good looking?!!!! not so much..ur class is no better than the second yr class really..(or the third yrs for that matter)

ps. this message was clearly for our humble friend -the-"chosen"-one.

Guest DrBadVibes

Hey Chosen one, Ive been on these dental forums for years now and you have a reputation as being the #1 bullshitter of all time, so everyone take this guy's word with a grain of salt.

And just to let you know, Columbia's oral surgery program puts up their resident profiles on their website, so we'll see if you are really going to Columbia for your Oral Surgery residency next year when they update it.

If you look at their website, they've never had a Canadian resident, so if you're the first one, congrats, but frankly I think your full of $hit and I think its pathetic that you get some kinda high coming on a dental forum with a bunch of predents and telling them you're a god. Get a life dude.

Guest uoft Chemistry

DrBadVibes

...Well SAID....I totally agree....How can some people get a kick outa making a FOOL of themselves..........The "Choosen One" seems to be an ass.........

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

Sunnysourire sure they ain't models but a lot of them are better looking than most people out there. THe girls are gorgeous, i think you're just a bit jealous...

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

DrBadVibes, are you even a Dr yet. You call yourself one, so if you are not wouldn't that make you a bigger bullshitter? I wouldn't even go so far as to say I am a Dr.. because I'm not.

And also how do I become the #1 BULLSHITTER on forum when I haven't even been around that long....considering I wasn't even here for years and years. I remember there was another fellow who got banned, I'm still here.. so i doubt your comment has any validity. What do you even make your claims on? You haven't even talked to me before.

I don't really know you, but sounds like you're bitter about my arrogance. Seems like he just wants to come here and try to ruin me because he wishes he could be me but isn't.

Sure I'm egotistical, but I earned what I got. You on the other hand, you're a reject. Only thing I know about you through my peers at UT dentistry is that you're a guy who couldn't get into Canada so you have to settle for the US. Sure there are a lot of ppl who don't like the way I present myself here. You're just like the rest of hte losers, trying to gather the opinions of the losers and gang up on me. Big deal. I've dealt with a lot worse.

Like this idiot u of t chemistry 23, doesn't say a damned thing, all of a sudden he pops out of no where coz you make a post against me. Please, if you're jealous then admit it or try to not be so jealous. I get this all the time, it's coz you're jealous.

Dent08, say what you will. Yeah I'm not in dentistry. Yeah whatever..yeah I lied, yeah I slept with your mom a few years back..

You realize that you can say all you want, but it won't change the fact that I will be an oral surgeon and get my DDS this june. YOu do realize that right?

I've caused trouble here before, and it died down, and it will rise up again. Doesn't matter. Most people here seems like just move on. Get into dents and never come back anyways.

But DENT08 you are funny i must admit, seems like whenever someone brings up something controversial the consensus seems to be, oh this guy is not in dents, or this guy is so immature, or oh this guy is so bullshitting coz i can't believe he just said that because I am so naive that I think such people don't exist in this world. Truth is, there are what you deem as "bad' people everywhere you go. The worst ones are the most successful. Live with it losers.

You got a 5 on your DAT carving and had to cheat on the interview to get in to the ONLY dental school in Canada that would even look at your application.

Now add the fact that you're social skill are a pathetic and you're a total attention whore (probably cuz your daddy never loved you).

Man ... you're gunna be a horrible dentist. :(

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

you know what, Dent08 you're right, i only got a 5 in my carving so i'm gonna be a @#%$ dentist.

Because everyone is supposed to be naturally good at drilling teeth. Listen to dent08 everyone, he's amazing, everyone if you're not good at drilling or art, right away you are screwed because you know, humans are so dumb, they can't learn or improve with practice.

U of T is a @#%$ school because they would accept a reject like me, they're all idiots because they knew i would be a @#%$ dentist and still accept me. Dent08 is the be all end all authority, he is smarter and more talented than the admissions board at U of T. don't go to U of t, it's the worst dental school in canada...even UBC without a clinic is better lol..

Wow I feel so bad for my patients, i messed up their mouths for life coz i'm so clinically incompetent that yet I still manage to grad, watch out world...

On top of that, wtf were the schools in the US thinking...I'm so @#%$ yet they accept me into oral surgery...they are dumb too, because Dent08 said so...

ok... i guess my life is now over because i got a 5 in carving ....

yep i have no social skills yet i managed to get into u of t dental school, i guess i really must suck.. wow...i am enlightened.

yeah my dad beat me bad when i was a kid. i was sexually abused by my hockey coach, and i was forced to sell crack on the street as a kid.

Dr. Badvibes, now you can say i am the #1 bullshitter. coz you rock man! I'm soooo sorry about all the things i've said about you. You're a pro man. A pro. I'm just a piece of @#%$ compared to you. You are soooo cool. I am jealous, I wish i can be just like you.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

UBC built a new clinic, now, ok, back a couple years ago, UBC didn't have a clinic. My cousin was complaining to me about it coz she goes to UBC or went to. It didn't have a good clinic as if it was without a clinic. So UBC is a great school now. Go there coz U of T sucks.

Coz they have people like me. And I'm gonna be a horrible dentist according to Dent08, so you probably shouldn't come to U of T..

oh btw, Mcgill is stupid too, they took me...for oral surg.

I'm still waiting to hear from u of T who knows I might not even go to Columbia. 6 years vs. 4. And because Dr. Sandor and Dr. Clokie after research day (feb 14th) told me that they are still deciding about oral surg and they would love to have me do research for them. I had done some research paper and presented it two days ago, and they loved it....

Guest johnwoo19

Thanks for the reply thechosenone. If you were to choose between ubc and toronto today, which one would you pick?

Frankly, I don't care whether thechosenone is really what he says he is. True, he may act arrogant and obnoxious at times but if you see past that he has some relevant stuff to contribute. So I just want to say stop bickering about this guy, there will be no end to it. If you've got a question, ask it. If you got something to contribute, do so.

Guest DrBadVibes

Oh, now your not going to Columbia's Oral Surgery program?? Its funny how your future status changed when I told you that Columbia publishes their oral surgery residents on their website. I still dont understand how you boost your ego with obvious lies by coming on an anonymous website and boasting about how great you are to people you dont even know??? Seriously dude, its crazy sad.

Anyways, for your info, my nickname has nothing to do with my "Dr." status.....the name comes from a character from a popular cartoon called COPS that used to come on Global while I was growing up......but I did find it funny that you bashed me for my name when your name is TheChosenOneDDS, when you dont even have a DDS yet. Geez, with your rep, I dont even know if you're in dental school at all.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

ask Dent08's mom.

Dr. Badvibes, hey listen I don't have to prove anything to you but go ahead, check away. Email the school if you like. You'll see me on that list come september or august i should say, whenever they update that list. Go ahead, wait and check, better yet, I'll even email it to you from my Columbia address, how about that? smart ass. The only reason i didn't mention about Toronto was that I haven't got accepted yet and I didn't want to have some idiot like dent08 bring that @#%$ up in the event i don't get in, just like he did with my 5 on carving. But you know what, I've done some thinking..doesn't change a damn thing what you or he says. Doesn't take away from what i will receive. If you want to call me pathetic, fine, if that is how you view me. Fact is, I will have my DDS by June, and Oral surgery cert in a few years.

If I'm not on it, it means I went to Toronto or may be I failed my American boards. I came here to give advice to predents, sure it is unorthodox but you know what, I've been through it I know it works. You can say all you want. I know my stuff. best mark in pharm and anaesthesia, that's how Dr. Haas gave me the reference letter I needed. I had Dr. Valenzano as a demo in second year restorative, and continued to talk with him since he's director of clinic, gave me another good reference. My creds are solid. I worked with Sandor on a project outside of school, as well as I have connections with a company that helps Clokie with his osseoimplantation and osseointegration research, that's how I know them. Ask a member of AO who has gotten such accolades, and they will tell you of my existence. Jealousy gets you no where Badvibes. You're right I'm not in U of T dentistry...

Funny thing is, people leave me PM's asking me specific questions on how to get into dents, etc. That's right,

I'm just some drifter who has nothing better to do with my time. So why don't you just stop wasting my time, and let me address people with their REAL concerns. most people here just want to get into dental school right?

Since I'm so full of BS, i will tell you predents who will go to U of T what to expect. This is all BS. I just made it all up.

First year, oral anatomy is probably the worst taught course in the faculty for that year because you don't learn much about real teeth since Dr. Mayhall likes to give you dinosaur teeth. Past tests are key for the final. Ace that, and your mark will be good. You can still fail the tooth ID and get an A.

I had a demo named Dr. Dale, she was probably the most experienced demo. But i heard recently she got sick so i don't think she was around this year. Dr. Mayhall loves to screw people over coz he is retired and doesn't relaly care, but he's a funny guy. Just not on tests.

First year restorative is the most nerve racking, coz you get to drill teeth but the demos are anal. It will get better. For the written component just memorize all the notes and don't need the text book.

BBOHD is one of the most demanding courses coz it is so boring. The class average some how is curved to an 85. Every year. Memorize Sessle's notes.

Anatomy is the hardest course by far in first year. Liebgott wrote the book so know that inside out, and study for the lab bell ringer. Dr. Dai is really nice and he'll show you around.

biomaterials is good coz Dr. Watson is the nicest guy. But he doesn't teach much..Prosthodontists tend to be nice...except Dr. Dow..a demo..wait till 3rd year....OMG... Dr. Pilliar is nice with his marking. you can not know wtf is going on and still do well. Dr. Santere is a different story...just wait..

Community dentistry- the biggest waste of time course....Dr. Leake is the biggest bastard in the school...deal with him, you will see him for 3 years + if unlucky.

Second year: You have two beasts (every year you have two mo'fo exams. Anatomy was first year)

Second year you get to tackle the two headed monster known as Microbiology and Pharmacology.

These two courses are very demanding. Lecture notes and past tests are key. For micro, on the first test you can make up your own questions, DO NOT screw over your class by making hard ones. Take a hit on the marks. Dr. Fillery wants to induce competition. Don't let him win, since the final is cummulative. Dr. Mazzouli is a great lecturer but his tests are NOT repeated study his stuff well. Dr. Cvtiovich, or however you spell his name lectures like a robot. but the worse is Dr. Ellen. Harvard guy. He's in both perio and micro. Gives you a hard ass time and his stuff is covered in both courses.

Pharmacology is the heaviest course run by Dr. Haas. Who is also associate dean of clinical sciences. Really know and memorize your notes and understand them. It will be important for clinic. It's not hard to do well if you study HARD.

Anaesthesia is an important course again run by Haas. GO TO LECTURE AND KEEP UP WITH READINGS. You will have to inject your partners so it would be bad not to know what is going on.

Upside to second year is that in periodontics you get your first live patients. You scale patients.

Restorative is full year. Dr. Brown doesn't take nonsense. Make sure you show up on time. the demos are more laxed. if you are lucky you will get Dr. Valenzano who is the new director of clinics. He became director last year when I was in 3rd year after the old guy Dr. mattier retired. He will teach you a lto of cool tricks.

Prostho- Black Wednesdays...you will know what i mean. For us, we had Dr. Diwan the nicest teacher in the world other than Watson. but i heard they replaced her now with another guy but you get Diwan in 3rd...better than us.

Com dent: Leake + Mayhall..this course carry over to 3rd year.

After exams, you come back in the summer for Endo and Oral Diagnosis. Just memorize for the oral exam for O.D. don't piss off Dr. Culmartin. Just one month though. then summer..and starting your hardest year, 3rd. NOTE that some of your classes in 2nd year will carry over to 3rd year like Radiology. So you won't get a mark until 3rd year.

3rd year you start in late August... hardest year due to tests being clumped together. you have like 10 final exams in april and like 10 tests in november not to mention patients in clinic.

You start drilling and restorations. DO NOT EVER PISS OFF Dr. McComb, the head of restorative. Your life in dental school will be HELL. She coordinates most of the treatment plans as she is the C&P director. Again there will be demos you will and will not like. Just book them strategically.

The worst course is by far..ORAL PATHOLOGY...OMG... Dr. Leoung and staff teach this. You have to identify slides off a microscope...OMG...HELL!

PAedo.....You get exposure to Paedo in first and second year but honestly, this one can get annoying. Some of the kids in clinic are really f*cked up...they need general sedation. And not to mention you have to write an exam based on a Paedo manual that is like 4 inches thick.

Prostho is bad...real bad...make sure when you do prostho in clinic, DO NOT schedule your appointments on the same day when Dr. Dow has clinic. She is the worst....trust me you don't want to know. I was smart someone told me that ahead of time. You might have to stay in senior lab until 7 finishing up your prostho cast work etc. For RPD fabrication, or FPDs etc.

Restorative is very clinical with Dr. Tam. Just learn more complex techniques.

Comm dent is better coz you have Locker for the final part. He's cool.

Another harsh course...Oral Surg. Dr. Holmes likes to kill people on tests. OUr year was lucky we had a MC test. The 3rd years this year were not so lucky.......I really like oral surg though but many of my peers did not enjoy the test. However, the oral surg dept. is by far the best part of all the clinics.

Radiology............. enough said. THey want us to know more than what normal dentists will need to know. Put it this way. That huge text book by White and Pharoah will be your lifejacket as you drown.

Perio...Dr. Lai, when I had him, Dr. Tennenbaum was still the head of undergrad perio, but now it is Dr. Lai, his tests are tough....holy @#%$...

After being tormented, beaten, battered and bruised in 3rd year, you will go onto to 4th year...

4th year.

Well I'm still in 4th, we get seminars in the mornings. Most of us don't go. We get patients all day sometimes. Most people are trying to finish their requirements.

The hard test is the Canadian boards (i'm studying for them right now) and the FInal oral exam at the end of the year when there are random profs that ask you about stuff you learned in dental school, so you have to study everything as you are studying for boards.

We still have tests but it is the most laxed year. We have an ethics exam, oral surg essay, and some other stuffs.

It's mostly clinic now. By now you will realize your speed and ability will improve since we go into clinic most of the time not knowing wtf is going on. I probably learned more in clinic than in the classroom.

That is all.

Oh one more thing,....I forgot about Dr. Limeback, you'll have him in second year, preventitive dentistry...He and Dr. Andrews of paedo has a long time rivalry about the status of Fluoride....haha

Dr. Limeback thinks water fluoridation is evil hahhhaaa..funny as hell.

Guest kellyl20

ThechosenoneDDS:

Why Columbia over McGill? Clinic too old?

I should ask my sibling if you really exist to put those doubters on this board to rest. They should be able to tell me who is in the running for oral surgery at UT. I myself do believe that you are at UT.

Guest johnwoo19

Hey man, if you've got something against thechosenone, then keep the comments directed towards him. Coming onto the dental forum and opening the debate of med vs. dent is a bad move. Congrats for getting the interviews to med schools. Just don't undermine the difficulty of getting into dent schools such as UofT. Not only is it a diss to the school's students, it also trashes the profession of dentistry as a whole.

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

i got into both, it doesn't say much about either. I am just a smart individual, who will always acheive when I put my mind to it. I have caused all this with a few strokes of my fingers.

uoft chemistry, i did not read ur message. unfortunate. but by retracting what you have said, you have already admit fault. That is commendable. At least you know where to draw the line.

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

Pffft. I got into both Med and Dent right out of high school. I am the only one in Canada to ever do this. I got in because my dad is an oral surgeon. I have done this with just a few strokes of my fingers. I am so awesome. I'm pretty much the best person here.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey dude,

For "TheChoosenOne" ;I don't wanna continue this, from your message u seem to be a decent person too. My apologies as well...maybe I just misunderstood you the first time.....Good luck w/ your dental school and further studies, you seem like you know where your heading...

for johnwoo19; hey r u applying this year to dental or med?...maybe we will be classmates

Me

Archived