Premed 101 Forums

Apply to anglophones schools as a QUEBEC applicant

Hey guys ! 

I was wondering if any of y'all knew how many years of uni I need to do as a Quebec applicant in order to be eligible in an anglophone school (any outside of QC). I was looking at UOttawa's website, and it says we have to take like 6 credits in biology, chemistry, etc etc, but since i've already done theses classes in CÉGEP, which you dont have ouotside of QC, do I have to take these classes back in uni ? Can I apply directly after year one or year two of my PharmD or do i have to graduate from PharmD in order to be eligible ? 

Thats a lot of questions, but yeah if someone knows any of the answers, hmu ! Y'alls websites are hard to understand sometimes :lol:

Hey,

from u of Ottawa’s website you can find out about cegep course equivalencies for med as well as the answer to your first question (you would need to 2 years of full time undergraduate university study to be eligible to apply to Ottawa after CEGEP).

ive pasted info from the following link, under college studies / CEGEP:

https://med.uottawa.ca/undergraduate/admissions/application-process/eligibility-requirements

hope this helps!

Students from a CEGEP of the province of Quebec are not eligible to submit an application to the first medical year of the University of Ottawa. An applicant who has obtained the “Diplôme d’études collégiales” from Quebec (CEGEP) must complete in addition two years of full-time studies (minimum of five courses per semester each year) in an undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree in a recognized university, including the necessary prerequisite courses.

The same policy applies to applicants who have completed studies at a community college. The College (or CEGEP) studies will be recognized as being equivalent to one year of postsecondary university studies, provided that the candidate has obtained his/her diploma.

Prerequisite courses equivalencies:

Course Title

CEGEP/COLLEGE

Equivalency

University of Ottawa

General Biology I 3 units (credits) of Biology
General Biology II 3 units (credits) of Biology

General Chemistry+Chemistry of solutions 3 units (credits) of General Chemistry
Organic Chemistry I 3 units (credits) of Organic Chemistry
Note
Information

Only the above science courses completed at the Cegep/College level of study will be recognized toward our prerequisites and provided that they were completed with a minimum Grade of 70%.

Students who have completed these science courses at the Cegep/College level must also take, at any recognized University, the following additional prerequisite courses: (6 units/credits) in Humanities/Social Sciences; (3 units/credits) in Biochemistry; and (3 units/credits) in Statistics.