Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Class of 2026

GPA: 3.98 best 2 years (So like 94%?)

DAT: 22PAT,21RC, 20AA

ABS: Volunteering, shadowing, tutoring, sports, research, clubs, different jobs

Interview: Little short-Talked for about 15 minutes, but then had a conversation and questions for another 10 minutes. Dont feel my questions let me include life experiences and hobbies which I thought set me apart. .

Result: Straight up rejected. Legit heartbroken. Anyone know where my weak point is? Has anyone been able to get any feedback on either your interview or your 

Result: Accepted 

GPA: 92%

DAT: 18AA, 20RC, 19PAT

ABS: coaching youth volleyball for 8 years, school clubs, youth mentoring program leader, sports, no research and about 100 shadowing hours.

Interview: Went really well. Very relaxed and was able to talk about personal experiences. Interview lasted about 20 minutes and finished the rest of the time with questions. Thought I was doomed this year with my DAT but the interview must have saved me.

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: 94%

DAT: 23 PAT, 19 RC, 21 AA

ABS: Student athlete, O-week leader, O-week facilitator, student cabinet, volunteering, a couple hours of shadowing

Interview: Came out of it feeling great. 22 minutes answering and spent the rest of the time on questions and just chatting, they gave off really good vibes. Felt I was able to answer the questions fully and with passion but wasn't able to provide enough of my own experiences sadly.

Result: Accepted

GPA: 88.8% 

DAT: 21AA 24RC 25PAT

ABS: Summer research award, lots of employment (every summer+during school), 1 or 2 volunteer/leadership for multiple years, research for 3 years with multiple projects(1 pub), shadowing (50-70 hours ish)

Interview: Interview was maybe 15 minutes or a little longer, asked 2 questions and I was done the whole thing after 22/23 minutes . Talked about my own experiences if they asked in the question but other than that just answered their questions pretty directly. Felt ok at best post interview.

Result: Waitlisted

GPA: I am not sure how my GPA is converted to OMSAS scale as I hold a foreign degree

DAT: 21AA, 19 RC, 19PAT

ABS: Lots of research experience, published articles, and presentations in the dental field. Plenty shadowing and volunteering experience in dental clinics. Tutoring experiences with the youth and adults. 

Interview: Did not feel particularly good after and the more I thought about the questions the more I realized I could absolutely do much much better in most of them. I think my answers to the most questions was decent. It took the exact 30 minutes and I finished by asking one question. 

On 3/12/2022 at 8:35 PM, toothbetold said:

Why is this so empty? :o hopefully this helps someone out! 

Result: Accepted! 

GPA: 3.97 (best 2 years)

DAT: 21/21 

ABS: research, undergraduate TA, peer mentor, undergrad science journal editor, some jobs here and there working in retail, kumon tutor, club executive. I also mentioned some of my hobbies as well on the ABS. I had no specific dental-related activities, LOL

Interview: I didn't do any prep because I was offered Toronto already and Toronto's my first choice. The questions were fair and were much more similar to the questions I expected from Toronto, so I guess my prep for Toronto carried over to UWO? 

I'll be declining my UWO spot for Toronto so hopefully that helps with the waitlist! :)

Hey, if dont mind me asking have you already declined your position? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dental questions said:

Going to post this in case it's helpful to anyone in the future lol

Result: rejected 

GPA: 93%

DAT: 28AA, 29RC, 22PAT

ABS: a little shadowing, volunteering, some leadership, retail, no research 

Interview: I thought it went okay tbh but I def could have done better. The questions were fair. I went over time so I feel I was probably not concise/clear enough.

Those are really really really high stats?? Do they value the interview that much?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 1:58 AM, dental questions said:

Thanks lol I think everyone who gets an interview has comparable stats so I'm guessing interview and ABS are really important 

Rejected here as well. Those are incredible DAT scores wtf. Same PAT, but +8 on RC and AA on me. Similar avg, a little more ECs.

My interview was basically the opposite of yours. My answers were too concise and I went straight to the point. Questions took like 12-15min, and talked for another 10min, so IDK what to say. The fact that you didnt even get WL really got me thinking that they are weighing the interview extremely heavily.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...