Premed 101 Forums

University of Manitoba core course gpa trend

Hi guys, I am a fourth year science student. I wish to apply to university of Manitoba dental school next cycle for class of 2027 but just worried badly about the interview cut-off. 

My DAT is sitting at 21 right now but my core gpa is 3.7917. My agpa is ~4.20  

I heard that this year's interview cut-off was 3.80 with DAT score of 19.50. Which is the highest it has been. I know that the interview cut-off is different every year but since the trend is going up from 3.7 & 3.75 to 3.8. Do you guys think I stand a chance with 3.791 core gpa? 

If I were you would retake a core course to increase my core course GPA just incase. I don't think the GPA cut off has ever gone down (it could tho depending on the applicant pool) so with a 3.791 you're under the cut-off in the normal applicant category. Your DAT is good tho, good luck next year!

Give yourself the best chance possible. If you think you can retake a course and do better in it to get yourself over 3.8 I would lean towards doing that. I wouldn't gamble on the possibility of the core course GPA going down as the trend is that it goes up every year.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 5:07 PM, bubble_gum said:

Hi guys, I am a fourth year science student. I wish to apply to university of Manitoba dental school next cycle for class of 2027 but just worried badly about the interview cut-off. 

My DAT is sitting at 21 right now but my core gpa is 3.7917. My agpa is ~4.20  

I heard that this year's interview cut-off was 3.80 with DAT score of 19.50. Which is the highest it has been. I know that the interview cut-off is different every year but since the trend is going up from 3.7 & 3.75 to 3.8. Do you guys think I stand a chance with 3.791 core gpa? 

Hi, can I ask where you heard about the 19.5 cut off for the dat? This is a great jump from the years before!