Premed 101 Forums

Western Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected 2022

Time Stamp: 12:01

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!!!

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: Either 3.77 or 3.85 depending on how they calculate grades for courses worth >3 credit hours (engineering undergrad and had a bunch of courses worth 3.5 or 4.5 credit hours, and I don't know if they just sum the credit hours to 30 or take 10 half courses in a year)

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 129/131/127

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt like my answers were not great honestly, but I do think I showed my personality/was upbeat and friendly

Time Stamp: 7:43

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted! (Unspecified Campus)

2YGPA: 3.77

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 129/128/128

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc):  Felt great coming out and thought it was solid despite some difficult questions. Glad my feelings were accurate and feeling extremely privileged to be in this position!

Having gone through 2 undergrads, recovering from a <3.0 GPA, getting half of my 2nd UG grades disqualified due to the pandemic, and multiple cycles, this feels surreal. Glad all the hard work paid off and cannot wait to see you all at Western!

I honestly still can’t believe it!

Time Stamp: 7:46am

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted

SWOMEN (Y/N): Y

2YGPA: 3.96

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 128/128/129 (516)

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt like the questions were a little strange but I thought my answers were as good as they could have been and that I was well prepared!

Congratulations to all those getting offers today! If this cycle didn’t turn out how you would’ve liked it to, I’m sorry. You’re more than your application. 

Time Stamp: 7:41am

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!!!!! (London)

2YGPA: 4.0

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 127/129/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): 

I thought the interview went well initially! My panel was nice and the med student was very friendly. But then I second guessed and cringed at all my answers over the next few weeks. 

I've waited for this for a long time! Feeling super blessed and grateful for this opportunity!

Time Stamp:  7:46 am

Accepted/WL/R: A

2YGPA: 3.98

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 129/128/130/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): Panel was super friendly and I didn't feel like any question was very difficult or wacky (although for the months between the interview and now I was like totally sure I bombed it lol)

Time Stamp:  7:42 AM

2YGPA: 3.92

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 132/129/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc)I came out of it feeling like I did okay, but afterwards I fixated on things I wish I'd said and ended up making myself feel pretty bad about it! I am so grateful and happy to have been accepted to Western :)

Edit: I rejected the offer for another! Best of luck to everyone 

3 hours ago, Sam99 said:

Time Stamp: 7:41am

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!!!!! (London)

2YGPA: 4.0

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 127/129/130

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): 

I thought the interview went well initially! My panel was nice and the med student was very friendly. But then I second guessed and cringed at all my answers over the next few weeks. 

I've waited for this for a long time! Feeling super blessed and grateful for this opportunity!

I got London too!! Can't wait to meet everyone :) Congrats!

Is there some kind of Facebook group etc. where we can meet other people who are planning on going to western med and got accepted? I want to talk to other people who are going there especially to potentially figure out housing and stuff. 

Time Stamp:  8:15 AM

Accepted/WL/R: WL (bad)

2YGPA: 3.85

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/128/138

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc)I felt okay after the interview. The questions are unexpected but I thought I remained composture and tried to gather thoughts within limited time. Remembered to thank all interviewers but I did forgot one of them's first name at the end, which I hope they didn't get too offended! 

Not that this matters to anyone else on the waitlist, but I will be declining this bad WL anyways for another offer. 

Time Stamp: 7:43 (EST)

IP/OOP: OOP

2YGPA: 3.97

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/127/131

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): It felt quite good and I came out happy with how I answered the questions. The interviewers were very friendly.

I will be declining this offer for another. Good luck to everyone!

5 hours ago, AriaB said:

Is there some kind of Facebook group etc. where we can meet other people who are planning on going to western med and got accepted? I want to talk to other people who are going there especially to potentially figure out housing and stuff. 

There will be soon if there isn’t yet! It might be in the orientation letter you likely got with the acceptance. 

2 hours ago, Apex said:

Anyone know if there is a FB group made already? Still haven't received anything or found one through searching.

This is a bit odd - I can't seem to find it either and it should have the same "Schulich Meds: Class of 20xx" format... if you have the names of the admissions student reps (probably attached to the interview offer?) or the orientation coordinators, you could reach out to them. PM me if you can't find them and I'll try to hunt them down. The Facebook group is a pretty useful tool in the early days so I'm suprised it's not up!

28 minutes ago, hbmed said:

This is a bit odd - I can't seem to find it either and it should have the same "Schulich Meds: Class of 20xx" format... if you have the names of the admissions student reps (probably attached to the interview offer?) or the orientation coordinators, you could reach out to them. PM me if you can't find them and I'll try to hunt them down. The Facebook group is a pretty useful tool in the early days so I'm suprised it's not up!

I did contact one of them last week and they said a welcome letter should be sent out soon. However, I still haven't received anything so I just wanted to confirm I didn't miss an email or something! 

Forgot to post but I got accepted - will fill out the template later. Unsure if I will be able to accept given the strict June 30th thesis deadline (rn it's looking a bit unsure if I can finish by then), though I'm on the waitlist for another school. I'll have 5 days to decide if I want to accept this offer and risk getting it revoked which kinda sucks

I believe a previous Western applicant was accepted but couldn’t finish by the June 30th deadline, so the acceptance was rescinded. The applicant tried to appeal the decision, spoke with legal representatives, western spokesmen, and many more. In the end, no luck.

If you’re accepting Western, then please please please try to make sure you can finish by June 30thhhh

On 5/19/2022 at 2:26 PM, DreaminMedSchool said:

I believe a previous Western applicant was accepted but couldn’t finish by the June 30th deadline, so the acceptance was rescinded. The applicant tried to appeal the decision, spoke with legal representatives, western spokesmen, and many more. In the end, no luck.

If you’re accepting Western, then please please please try to make sure you can finish by June 30thhhh

Yeah I heard about that, which is why I'm not sure if I will even be able to accept. If I accept, I get taken off the WL for the other school - so if I can't get EVERYTHING done by the deadline, it's basically an R. If I decline and stay on the WL for the other school (which has no deadline to complete my grad degree by) - that's not a good idea (very, very risky) bc they don't tell you your rank, so there's no guarantee I'd even make it off. I did prepare for this scenario but there is still uncertainty lol so it's stressful af

I don't even know why they have such an early deadline smh

I'm always late to posting in these forums but here goes: 

Time Stamp: 7:49am (but I checked student center at midnight so I knew before I got the email)

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!! (London campus)

SWOMEN (Y/N): Y

2YGPA: 3.85

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 128/125/127

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc)Initially felt REALLY good coming out of it but over then the post-interview anxiety kicked in and I started second guessing all of my answers. Glad it all worked out in the end!

I am not one to usually post stats and such but I wanted to offer some advice to anyone who comes across this post and is feeling very nervous about the whole application process. I was never hell-bent on medicine right from the start and went through a lot of internal conflicts and exploring different career paths in healthcare before deciding that medicine was the best fit for me. By the time that I decided I wanted to do medicine, I was already done half of my undergrad and had to pull some things together. My grades before I decided to do med were decent but nothing spectacular, my MCAT score didn't go as I expected, but bottom line: it still worked out. All in all, just know that it's okay to feel nervous, it's okay to have hesitations, and it's okay overwhelmed, you are not the only one feeling those things. Stay true to who you are, get involved in things that you love, and believe in yourself. I wish everyone best of luck with their journey, you got this!

Time Stamp: 1:21PM EST

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted Off High Waitlist (London campus)

2YGPA: 3.82

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 129/129/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc)To be honest, the whole interview felt quite neutral/bad. My interviewers were quite pleasant and professional, but I never once put a smile on their faces nor gotten nods of approval. Literally stone-faced the whole time. That's why I was not sure how well I did. That being said, I did reflect quite a lot on my life and I spoke about some interesting unique experiences.

Everyone, this is my 4th cycle applying. My GPA has always been a weakness of mine and I was unsure if I would ever achieve my dream of medical school with such a glaring fault. I have cried, felt exhausted, and perished more than a few times. And YES, I have seriously thought about quitting. However, I worked my butt off each year for the past 4 years to constantly grow as a person and to improve all the other sections on my application to make up for it. Now, I feel extremely lucky and privileged to have gotten the call today for acceptance!

For all those out there who are still trying their best, I want to support you by saying that IT'S POSSIBLE. I would advise that you seriously reflect if medicine is truly what you want, and then plan a timeline of your goals. I gave myself 5 years (because my MCAT would expire after that) and I planned a whole list of goals and ways to achieve them in a timely manner. Finances was tough because I had to support myself.... but that's another topic.

Please message me if you are seeking advice or would like to hear about my activities. I am a little busy these days, but I will try to respond. Good luck to you all!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I have been meaning to update this.

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted!

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

ACCESS (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.88

MCAT (CHEM/CARS/BIO/PSYCH): (130/127/130/130)

Essays (X/8): I didn't get to post this earlier but I can now. I highlighted on what I learned out of the experiences, how the experience and task will help me excel in situations (such as collaboration). Did not have traditional research experience or publications but had a lot of patient interaction experience, data analysis projects, leadership experience running community projects, public health job, and sports experiences.

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): Overall I was thrown off on how different the interview questions were this year compared to my other interview. I felt it was very different from I prepared for but I made sure to be as clear as possible and really bring in the idea of social determinants of health and understanding situations from multiple perspectives. I did my best to connect the questions to my experiences and used that as bridge in answering the questions. Overall felt ok.

This was my third time applying and the third time I wrote the MCAT, and it was a long journey but I am excited to get started! For those who ever have doubts, or are questioning if medicine is really possible, I can definitely tell you it is possible and to not give up and power through! I am a non-traditional applicant and can offer advice to prospective applicants. Again, I want to make sure anyone who has a dream to becoming a doctor to not give up and keep pushing forward!! I can try to provide help in anyway I can. Just pm me.