Premed 101 Forums

Decline an offer this year to try again next year

Hi,

I was wondering if I could decline my offer this year for personal reasons and try to apply again next year. Could I still have a chance to be accepted again next year, or this could be seen as a red flag by the admission commitee? Are they able to notice that I refused an offer this year and are they gonna ask me about it next year? I'm looking for personal experiences if someone went through this and succeeded with a second acceptance the year after, and for anyones personal's thought/opinion about this rare and weird journey. 

Id look in to requesting a delayed matriculation rather than declining and hoping to get in again. I know a few people who deferred their entry (took a year off for X reasons and then returned the following year). Each school has their own policy though which im not too sure of myself.

Hoping to get in a second time is a huge gamble im my opinion! Might not be worth it