Premed 101 Forums

Help with non academic experience, what to include?

Hi everyone,
I'm applying to UBC and I'm not 100% sure what to include in this section. 
I have a lot of different and significant experiences but I don't know which one to include. For example I have played basketball for many years. Since I was grade 6 but at the same time I have experience of coaching basketball, should I make two different entries? Should I give my coach contact as a verifier or my students? I also played in provincial basketball teams when I was at high school in a different country (Does UBC care about it at all? I mean it's long ago and it's not Canada) 
So many of my experiences don't have a good verifiers (I don't know which verifiers can be called good though) for example I've been photographing and painting since i was grade 10 but who can be my verifier? Same thing goes for my singing, who verifies that? 
thanks in advance for your replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 
I hope this isn't too late for this application. 
I think you could approach this either way, either lump all your basketball together or split it. There isn't a wrong way to do it. 
I may split up coaching and playing and would use coaches or the most "official" person possible as your verifier. 
Yes, I think UBC cares about stuff outside of Canada if it was important to you. 

For verifiers, they like them to be offical and have professional emails. I had to use family members for a few of mine but try to limit that. 

Good luck!