Premed 101 Forums

Reapplicant Question

Nikooo

Hey everyone,

Last year after I applied I was asked to submit my IB grades around this time, since I used my IB biology higher level to meet one of the biology pre-reqs. However, this year I havent been asked to so far. This is causing me to worry, since the site states:

“Based on the academic evaluation or CASPer test approximately 4 to 6 times the number of candidates are moved forward to the CV review.”

I’m worried that my application wont pass the pre-screen step because of a cut-off even though my GPA is 3.92 but my CASPER is 3rd quartile, both of which are better than last year when I ranked in the low 300s after rejection pre-interview. Am I just being paranoid or does someone have any experience/thoughts about this?

It’s possible they still have the grades on file from last year.

if you’re concerned you can reach out to the admissions committee and simply explain what you’ve explained here: 

10 hours ago, Nikooo said:

Last year after I applied I was asked to submit my IB grades around this time, since I used my IB biology higher level to meet one of the biology pre-reqs. However, this year I havent been asked to so far. This is causing me to worry

There’s no harm in asking.