Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2023 DMD Interview

4 minutes ago, cc11 said:

So sorry to hear that @TriGuy6, rejections are always hard to receive but don't let it discourage you!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks for the kind words, I definitely won't! It just lets me focus on my western interview!

Also yeah I don't mind, I forget what they look at but I'll post it all

GPA: 3.74

DAT: 22AA/23PAT/24RC

Casper: 2nd quartile

EC: sterilization assistant at Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Aux., bit of shadowing, volunteering, varsity athletics, O-week leader and facilitator as well in 4th year, student cabinet

IP/OOP: OOP

8 minutes ago, TriGuy6 said:

Thanks for the kind words, I definitely won't! It just lets me focus on my western interview!

Also yeah I don't mind, I forget what they look at but I'll post it all

GPA: 3.74

Casper: 2nd quartile

EC: sterilization assistant at Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Aux., bit of shadowing, volunteering, varsity athletics, O-week leader and facilitator as well in 4th year, student cabinet

That's amazing! Congrats on your interview at Western, best of luck!!

Decision: Waitlisted for interview (stamp: 11:54am)

GPA: 3.97 (McGill GPA) (3.92 OMSAS GPA)

Casper: 4th quartile

Currently doing: 1st year of masters (physiotherapy)

EC: 100 hrs of shadowing in dental clinic (general dentistry, perio and maxillo-facial), 300+ hrs of volunteering (in the health field and outside), varsity athlete last 2 years.

Honestly shocked I didn't get an interview (unlikely the waitlist will move very much) given my profile. Oh well, chances are its because I'm OOP, but not entirely sure what more they could want. But congrats and best of luck to those who got an interview!!!

Edit: also 1 pub (primary author)

31 minutes ago, premed_predent_sweat said:

Decision: Waitlisted for interview (stamp: 11:54am)

GPA: 3.97 (McGill GPA) (3.92 OMSAS GPA)

Casper: 4th quartile

Currently doing: 1st year of masters (physiotherapy)

EC: 100 hrs of shadowing in dental clinic (general dentistry, perio and maxillo-facial), 300+ hrs of volunteering (in the health field and outside), varsity athlete last 2 years.

Honestly shocked I didn't get an interview (unlikely the waitlist will move very much) given my profile. Oh well, chances are its because I'm OOP, but not entirely sure what more they could want. But congrats and best of luck to those who got an interview!!!

Edit: Not sure if this is the case for others, but my Minerva isn't updated)

Amazing stats! I got waitlisted to. I was wondering how many they even put on the waitlist if anyone knows or if anyone knows if there even is movement for the interview waitlist. I been searching everything!!! Also do they consider DAT?

got waitlist interview. Does anyone know the odds of it moving, do people even decline interviews. Dont know if its worth practicing cause idk my spot...  :( 

stats:

gpa: 3.98 on their scale, 3.95 on OMSAS scale

casper: 4th quartile 

in my fourth year right now. 2 publications in process, shadowing, president of clubs etc. 

Decision: Interview Invite

GPA: 3.96 on McGill Scale

CASPER: 4rth Q

OOP

Graduated in Nov, 1 Publication, president of 3 clubs, 128h shadowing, +300h volunteering

** I got rejected last year and the main thing that I changed was my Casper (3rd-->4rth) **

Anyone wants to practice for MMI msg me!

Just got off the interview waitlist!

GPA: 3.99 (McGill GPA) 

Casper: 3rd FR

Currently doing: gap, graduated last year

EC: some volunteering, past career in finance, 2 kids

IP/OOP: IP

Can't believe the interview waitlist actually moved. There's hope guys! I was waitlisted 2 years ago (it stopped at me) and rejected last year. 

7 minutes ago, DaniL said:

Can't believe the interview waitlist actually moved. There's hope guys! I was waitlisted 2 years ago (it stopped at me) and rejected last year. 

Congrats!!! I just got off the waitlist too! (posted my stats earlier in the forum), is there a groupchat/discord for people to meet up and practice and/or anyone who's done an MMI for McGill dentistry? Their style is a bit different with role-playing etc. If anyone has any insight that'd be great!

55 minutes ago, DaniL said:

congrats!!! how did you know that it stopped at you??

On 2/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, DaniL said:

Just wondering, did they call you to give you an invite? If so what number was it?