Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dentistry Class of 2027 Acceptance Thread

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted!

gpa: 3.82, or 3.85 with lowest year dropped (didnt know this was a thing), also conversion might be iffy cause its from york's 9 point system, so might be miscalculating

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/24

Casper: 3rd

IP/OOP: IP

Education: Masters completed, 1.5 years working full time

interview thoughts: Felt pretty okay about it, made the interviewers laugh accidentally.

3rd Year applying, 3rd time's the charm!

BTW is there a fb group or something for accepted class of 2027 to get in touch with fellow incoming students? Also I sent in my reply slip by email and got a reply email from them confirming its receipt 2 days later!

2 hours ago, IzuCoolBeans said:

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted!

gpa: 3.82, or 3.85 with lowest year dropped (didnt know this was a thing), also conversion might be iffy cause its from york's 9 point system, so might be miscalculating

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/24

Casper: 3rd

Education: Masters completed, 1.5 years working full time

interview thoughts: Felt pretty okay about it, made the interviewers laugh accidentally.

3rd Year applying, 3rd time's the charm!

BTW is there a fb group or something for accepted class of 2027 to get in touch with fellow incoming students? Also I sent in my reply slip by email and got a reply email from them confirming its receipt 2 days later!

Search "UofT Dentistry Class of 2027" on FB

Accepted

GPA: 3.94 

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/22

Casper: 4Q

Interview thoughts: I went so fast, like sub 15 mins and first out of my group. That made me doubt my performance, only really got to highlight one of my best experiences. But still felt like I answered the questions well, maintained composure, and expressed my personality. I think I even got the "bad cop" interviewer to vibe w me, so that was good. Prepped for diff types of questions which was helpful on the day! 

Accepted

GPA: 3.94 (lowest year dropped)

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/23

Casper: 2Q loool

Year of Study: Current Gap year.  I was waitlisted for both UofT and UWO last year with the same stats (acc got 3rd quartile Casper last year lol) and barely reworked my personal statement. I would say the biggest changes I've made in the past year was navigating how to find confidence through practice for my interviews and working in a dental office to strengthen my knowledge about the field.

Interview thoughts: I felt it went pretty well. My interview went the full 15 minutes as the interview was quite conversational! The interviewers were quite stern at first but quickly warmed up within the first few minutes after the interview started. There was one point in the interview where I felt like one of the interviewers was kinda giving me difficult followups (it seemed like he was just tryna gauge how I handle stressful situations like that) but all in all, I felt like it went really well! 

On 3/9/2023 at 12:23 PM, xjujubez said:

Accepted

GPA: 3.94 (lowest year dropped)

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/23

Casper: 2Q loool

Year of Study: Current Gap year.  I was waitlisted for both UofT and UWO last year with the same stats (acc got 3rd quartile Casper last year lol) and barely reworked my personal statement. I would say the biggest changes I've made in the past year was navigating how to find confidence through practice for my interviews and working in a dental office to strengthen my knowledge about the field.

Interview thoughts: I felt it went pretty well. My interview went the full 15 minutes as the interview was quite conversational! The interviewers were quite stern at first but quickly warmed up within the first few minutes after the interview started. There was one point in the interview where I felt like one of the interviewers was kinda giving me difficult followups (it seemed like he was just tryna gauge how I handle stressful situations like that) but all in all, I felt like it went really well! 

Followups are standardized afaik

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: Accepted

gpa: 4.0

DAT (AA/PAT): 26/22

Casper: Q3

IP/OOP: IP but currently doing undergrad in the USA. Graduating with a 4 year bachelor in 3 years.

interview thoughts: The interview went well. Except at the end, it was a bit awkward figuring out if the interviewers wanted to shake hands or not.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, littlemissdental said:
Accepted! :) 

gpa: 3.96 (no years dropped as I am in my 3rd year)

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/24

CASPer: 2Q

IP/OOP: OOP 

Interview thoughts: I was very nervous prior, but all the upper year dental students were so nice before hand that I felt much more at ease going in. My interviewers were very nice, and although the questions were tough and definitely caught me off-guard, I just tried to answer to the best of my ability. My questions didn't leave me much room to incorporate my ECs but I did try whenever possible. Additionally, my interview was not super conversational, but I still managed to crack a joke or two. Best of luck to any future applicants.

can I pm you to ask something?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, mikemike_fortnite said:

Anyone hear back anything? I haven't received any emails since the reply slip email... 

We got an email on May 3 regarding pre-registration information on housing and how to pay the $2000 deposit. If you didn't get this email, I suggest you contact them cause the due date for the deposit is approaching.

• 1 month later...

Posting for future reference!

Result: Waitlisted then accepted in May

GPA: 3.98

DAT: 20AA, 22RC, 24PAT

Casper: 4th quartile

Year of study: Finished 3rd year

Interview thoughts: Didn't feel the most confident. My answers were short but got better towards the end!

Also posting all the waitlist acceptance numbers I've seen posted in the Discord chat!

April 24: 1 spot moved

May 23: 2 spots moved

May 30: 5 spots moved

June 29: 7 spots moved

• 4 weeks later...