Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dentistry Class of 2027 Acceptance Thread

Accepted

GPA: 4.00

DAT (AA/PAT): 22/20

Casper: 3rd 

Year of study: current 4th year 

IP/OOP: IP

interview thoughts: felt pretty good. I tried to tie my experiences when I could but did not force it when not necessary and just let my personality shine. Honestly the biggest advice that helped me is to be confident, charismatic and not robotic (the interviewers are just human after all so they want to be able to connect with you on a personal level).

so grateful for this blessing 

Accepted

GPA: 3.93 (lowest year dropped)

DAT (AA/PAT): 24/21

Casper: 4th

Year of Study: Gap Year

Interview Thoughts: Felt good afterwards! I felt that I was able to answer the questions with confidence, and that I was able to highlight traits that were relevant to dentistry. I personally had more neutral interviewers, so some interviewers may not be overtly receptive to your answers.

This was my second time applying, and I was waitlisted the first time. I definitely think reworking my personal statements and gaining some shadowing experience helped make me a stronger candidate.

Accepted

GPA: 3.98

DAT: 21 AA and PAT/20 RC

Casper:2Q

Interview: Didn’t know how to feel about it, thought I had some good answers and some times I rambled

Overall Thoughts: Rejected last year with identical counting stats(acc got 3rd q casper last year). Definitely prepped for interview much more this year and felt that it went better. 

Excited to meet everyone! Best of luck to those on waitlist and future applicants!

Posting this in case it helps someone in the future :)

Accepted!!!!

gpa: 3.97 (lowest year dropped)

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/21

Casper: Q3

Interview thoughts: I think it went pretty well. I tried to be charismatic and show them that I am genuinely happy and grateful to be there. When I prepped for the interview, I prepped with the mindset of wanting not to be thrown off by weird questions and building strategies that would help me answer those questions effectively which came in handy during the actual interview. I tried to incorporate personal experiences as much as possible (so long as it was relevant) and was talking to both interviewers as if it was a conversation despite them playing good cop bad cop. There are definitely a lot of things that come to mind that I could have done differently but all in all I tried to do my best and show them who I am as a person. 

I am truly very grateful for this blessing and I wish waitlist and future applicants the best of luck! <3 

14 hours ago, mightychondria69 said:

ACCEPTED!!! :D

gpa: 3.89 (currently completing a 1 year masters) 

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/20

Casper: 4th Q 

interview thoughts: I felt horrible after lol. Goes to show you can be your own worst critic sometimes! 

Hey, I was wondering what one year masters you are doing? I got waitlisted this year and wanna do a masters but i'm having trouble finding ones that are one year!

2 hours ago, ddstoronto said:

accepted/rejected/waitlisted: waitlist!

gpa: 3.92

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/21

Casper: Q2

interview thoughts: went well, probably above average!

Should I start a thread for all waitlisted people?

yesss that'd be great! do you know if they can tell you where you are in the waitlist? 

ACCEPTED!!

GPA: 3.97 (no years dropped because I am in my 3rd year)

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/24

Casper: 2nd

IP/OOP: OOP but doing undergrad IP

Interview thoughts: I thought the interview went relatively well. My interviewers were very friendly, we exchanged a few laughs, and they were very responsive to my answers. The questions were more difficult than I was expecting so I did not get to talk about my ECs and experiences as much as I would have liked.

Accepted!

GPA: 3.96 (no years dropped as I am in my 4th year)

DAT (AA/PAT): 20/20

Casper: 4th

Interview thoughts: Felt just okay about the interview at the time and progressively felt worse lol. I tried to talk about my personal experiences but struggled to do that with the questions that I was given. I think it went okay tho. The interviewers were going for a good cop/bad cop vibe and the interview was definitely not conversational for me.

Accepted! :) 

gpa: 3.96 (no years dropped as I am in my 3rd year)

DAT (AA/PAT): 21/24

CASPer: 2Q

IP/OOP: OOP 

Interview thoughts: I was very nervous prior, but all the upper year dental students were so nice before hand that I felt much more at ease going in. My interviewers were very nice, and although the questions were tough and definitely caught me off-guard, I just tried to answer to the best of my ability. My questions didn't leave me much room to incorporate my ECs but I did try whenever possible. Additionally, my interview was not super conversational, but I still managed to crack a joke or two. Best of luck to any future applicants.

ACCEPTED!

GPA: 3.96 

DAT (AA/PAT): 23/24

CASPer: 2Q

Interview thoughts: I didn't feel too confident coming out of the interview. I felt the questions were somewhat straightforward but I wasn't able to articulate my answers to the best of my ability. However, I tried my best to sound natural and speak to the interviewers as if I was having a conversation which I think helped a lot.