Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD Fall 2023 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

Right before francophone schools release their Med Admission results: 

Waitlist Progress - Fall 2023

DMD - Quebec residents Pool: As of May 10th, an offer was made to the 24th candidate on the list.

DMD - Non-Quebec Canadians Pool: As of April 20th, an offer was made to the 3rd candidate on the list. 

DMD - International candidates Pool: As of April 11th, an offer was made to the 2nd candidate on the list.

Please note that this website will be updated every time an offer of admission is made to a candidate on the list.

2 hours ago, 2433 said:

Right before francophone schools release their Med Admission results: 

Waitlist Progress - Fall 2023

DMD - Quebec residents Pool: As of May 10th, an offer was made to the 24th candidate on the list.

DMD - Non-Quebec Canadians Pool: As of April 20th, an offer was made to the 3rd candidate on the list. 

DMD - International candidates Pool: As of April 11th, an offer was made to the 2nd candidate on the list.

Please note that this website will be updated every time an offer of admission is made to a candidate on the list.

I really hope we see some movement tomorrow!!! I am so tired of this process

On 5/12/2023 at 4:01 PM, squarerootcanal said:

Anyone heard anything? I’m surprised there’s been no movement since med results for Ontario and French schools came out

nope.. nothing yet. I'm really hoping they're waiting to send out offers in a bundle or smth..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 12:48 PM, docsam said:

TIME STAMP (phone call or status update on Minerva): phone call 12:21

Result: accepted

Casper Quartile: 2nd

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Mixed feelings, crushed some stations, bombed some others

Current year of study:  4th yr BSc UofT

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I already gave up at 12 but guys don't give up

If you don’t mind me asking ehat was your gpa and do you think a gpa of 3.75 is good

Still no reply. Can't call because they are away due to covid as per the automated message when you try calling. If anyone else has success getting through to at least someone in the faculty please let me know; I want to get this done asap for people still on the waitlist too (I'm OOP).

Absolute worst case, do I just not register for courses and therefore will not be enrolled?

41 minutes ago, 0875 said:

Still no reply. Can't call because they are away due to covid as per the automated message when you try calling. If anyone else has success getting through to at least someone in the faculty please let me know; I want to get this done asap for people still on the waitlist too (I'm OOP).

Absolute worst case, do I just not register for courses and therefore will not be enrolled?

Usually the faculty is very quick to answer. I assume that the faculty is closed at the moment, at least the admin part. I heard last year they were in vacation until start of June. If it is the same, you should hear from them very soon!

24 minutes ago, MCGILL2023 said:

Usually the faculty is very quick to answer. I assume that the faculty is closed at the moment, at least the admin part. I heard last year they were in vacation until start of June. If it is the same, you should hear from them very soon!

Thanks; they actually just responded and said they're busy with graduation and convocation.

21 hours ago, squarerootcanal said:

Did they give an idea of when they would be done with those things? Hoping that’s why we haven’t seen anything since med school results came out

Yeah they're pretty much done with the grad/convocation and said turning their attention to admissions now for DMD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...