Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD Fall 2023 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

On 3/31/2023 at 6:35 PM, 2433 said:

Congrats on your acceptance ! Good Job ! 

We were wondering if an MMI performance generate one score for both programs and then both programs just rank the applicant respectively in their own pools based on that one score.

I do not have an exact answer to this, but this is my situation (IP) : 

DMD - Waitlist #30 

MDCM - Waitlist #80

On 3/31/2023 at 6:35 PM, 2433 said:

Congrats on your acceptance ! Good Job ! 

We were wondering if an MMI performance generate one score for both programs and then both programs just rank the applicant respectively in their own pools based on that one score.

I do not have an exact answer to this, but this is my situation (IP) : 

DMD - Waitlist #30 

MDCM - Waitlist #80

Hey!

I think its pretty accurate because the quartile rank for dent applies to the quartile rank for med, assuming they both have the same variability between scores. 

I got DMD WL# 33 and MCDM WL#89.

Are you planning on accepting the DMD offer if waitlist moves up to your number?

2 hours ago, mddmdmd said:

Just a question, if we accept the DMD offer, do we remain on the md waitlist?

Are you OOP? Asking because it seems that people who are accepted to DMD are accepted to MDCM as well, but they are all likely IP. I think your situation is unique (most people accepted to one program & WL at the other are WL for DMD), so it might be better to ask MDCM admissions

10 hours ago, soe said:

Hey!

I think its pretty accurate because the quartile rank for dent applies to the quartile rank for med, assuming they both have the same variability between scores. 

Are you planning on accepting the DMD offer if waitlist moves up to your number?

Yes I will accept it ! Would you ? 

10 hours ago, soe said:

Hey!

Agreed. I got DMD WL #16 and MCDM WL#34. 

1 hour ago, vaseline said:

Does anyone know why the waitlist movement stopped since last Monday?

The big movement was because the McGill med acceptances came out the 31st and a lot of people were waiting for that until they decided accepted or rejected their Dent offer. So now since Med isnt moving, Dent isn't really moving either. 

On 4/21/2023 at 3:03 AM, soe said:

Do you guys think the IP is gonna move further considering the french schools haven't sent their offers yet?

Is anyone here planning on declining McGill if they get an offer from Laval or UdeM?

I’m hoping that’s the case. Does anyone know when the French schools will send decisions?

25 minutes ago, Christy said:

I’m hoping that’s the case. Does anyone know when the French schools will send decisions?

May 10th. So we should see some movement the day after i hope!!

What is your position on the waitlist if you don't mind me asking?

Waitlist Progress - Fall 2023

DMD - Quebec residents Pool: As of April 25th, an offer was made to the 23rd candidate on the list.

DMD - Non-Quebec Canadians Pool: As of April 20th, an offer was made to the 3rd candidate on the list. 

DMD - International candidates Pool: As of April 11th, an offer was made to the 2nd candidate on the list.

Please note that this website will be updated every time an offer of admission is made to a candidate on the list.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 12:48 PM, docsam said:

TIME STAMP (phone call or status update on Minerva): phone call 12:21

Result: accepted

Casper Quartile: 2nd

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Mixed feelings, crushed some stations, bombed some others

Current year of study:  4th yr BSc UofT

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: I already gave up at 12 but guys don't give up

If you don’t mind me asking what was your gpa and do you yhibk i have a chance with a goa of 3.75