Premed 101 Forums

McGill PT QY 2023 Admissions

On 4/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, Physiophysguy said:

Hey,

I heard at least one person got an offer for the QY PT, wondering if other people did too!

Hey! I think those who got offered applied earlier in the year, i believe if you applied later or right before dradline, there will be a second round of admissions end of april-beginning may! best of luck

8 minutes ago, takemal said:

wow congrats good for youu!!! i submitted feb 12! did you ask for an early review? and also do you mind sharing your experience and application? praying that i get in:rolleyes:

Thank you! No, I didn't ask for early review, but they must be sent in waves. As for experience I have 2 years of undergrad research experience on upper limb impairment in Multiple Sclerosis, I worked as a physiotherapy aide, have been a varsity athlete for 5 years and am currently working as a high school science teacher, among other employment and volunteer experience. My degree was an Honours BSc in Human Kinetics, my cgpa is 3.92 and 4th quartile Casper. Good luck, I hope you get good news!! 

2 minutes ago, pt779 said:

Thank you! No, I didn't ask for early review, but they must be sent in waves. As for experience I have 2 years of undergrad research experience on upper limb impairment in Multiple Sclerosis, I worked as a physiotherapy aide, have been a varsity athlete for 5 years and am currently working as a high school science teacher, among other employment and volunteer experience. My degree was an Honours BSc in Human Kinetics, my cgpa is 3.92 and 4th quartile Casper. Good luck, I hope you get good news!! 

oh wow thats so good!!!! good for you man! I have a Bsc in kin,  a year of kin experience and a year of undegrad volunteering experience. I also got 4 on casper but my gpa is on the lower end:(  hopefully they like my cv and video!

6 hours ago, KPTS said:

Hey! Do they normally send offers in waves? Cause I feel like it's still pretty early compared to last year's first offers

I'm not sure! It does seem early, but their website does say that usually offers are sent in May or June, but that early or late nominations are perfectly normal. I'd assume more offers will go out though. I have to make a decision before April 28th

On 4/17/2023 at 9:24 PM, pt779 said:

I'm not sure! It does seem early, but their website does say that usually offers are sent in May or June, but that early or late nominations are perfectly normal. I'd assume more offers will go out though. I have to make a decision before April 28th

did you also apply to ottawa or other schools or just mcgill!

13 hours ago, pt779 said:

I applied to Ottawa and most of the other Ontario schools, as well as Dalhousie and UBC. I just received an acceptance to UBC and will most likely be declining my McGill offer for that 

ouuuuuu how so? is it a better school/program or because of where you live? but wow good for you thatsa nice problem to have haha :)))

On 4/20/2023 at 8:04 AM, takemal said:

ouuuuuu how so? is it a better school/program or because of where you live? but wow good for you thatsa nice problem to have haha :)))

My decision is mostly based on other factors like location and sports lol, I would say they are very similar in terms of quality of program, but UBC is 2 years compared to 3 at McGill so that's another factor I considered! 

I received an offer April 13! I think i submitted my application by the end of January after doing the last available Casper date. I have a bachelor of fine arts and took 6 credits in anatomy and 6 in physiology this past year at Concordia. Only applied to McGill because I don't think I would have had enough of the prerequisites for other schools 

6 hours ago, ptqy said:

I received an offer April 13! I think i submitted my application by the end of January after doing the last available Casper date. I have a bachelor of fine arts and took 6 credits in anatomy and 6 in physiology this past year at Concordia. Only applied to McGill because I don't think I would have had enough of the prerequisites for other schools 

Congrats! Could you please share a bit more about your stats? I also have a background in arts, not related to health sciences so I'd like to get an idea of what they are looking for :)

On 4/23/2023 at 7:12 PM, Physiophysguy said:

Congrats! Could you please share a bit more about your stats? I also have a background in arts, not related to health sciences so I'd like to get an idea of what they are looking for :)

Sure! I have a high GPA (can't remember the exact number, it's a bit confusing cause there's 3 different transcripts: 1 for my BFA, one for a certificate of science foundations at Concordia in order to be eligible for their anatomy and physiology, and then 1 for the anatomy and physiology....) and I scored in the 4th quartile in Casper. I don't have any work background in athletics or physio, I just shadowed and helped out with a family friend who's a physio for a few months, and I was also the primary caregiver for my grandfather at a long-term care during covid for several months, so that's probably the only relevant stuff in my CV. I've worked in service industry and currently work as a seamstress, so nothing physio related! And I had some volunteer work listed on my CV but nothing extraordinary. I'm guessing my acceptance has to do with a combination of GPA + Casper score and my video statement probably!