Premed 101 Forums

Success Stories of Acceptances with Low MCAT

I've known a few people who have gotten in to UBC med with scores between 507-509 (some even this year). They typically had other parts of their application that were quite strong though.

I would probably recommend retaking the MCAT if your score is less than a 505, unless you have an excellent CARS score.

I wrote my MCAT twice - first was a 503 and second was a 509. I am personally choosing to not rewrite as I think the time and resources put into boosting my EC's is worth more than a few points on the MCAT. It is really up to you to weigh the pros and cons of rewriting the MCAT. Obviously a higher score will help your application, but it is certainly possible to get in with a 507, at least in my opinion. The rest of your application seems great though, especially your NAQ! As for the interview, I believe that an above average interview will help your chances, but will by no means secure you an acceptance. There are many more qualified applicants than there are spots, so it's important to keep in mind that there is a little bit of luck involved as well.