Premed 101 Forums

Where should I go for Uni? Any adobe appreciated

I have been facing a dilemma about where to go to Uni. I have been admitted to Life Sci in McMasters and the Medical University of Silesia in Poland. The goal is to become a doctor. W/ the former I get an MD after doing undergrad but w the latter I get a unified MD after 6 years. I have a Canadian passport so I won't be an IMG here, I'll be one in Poland. I've been warned against studying abroad if I plan on practicing in Canada as a Doctor. I don't really have a particular desire to practice anywhere specifically so I just want to be able to make an informed choice based on which is a better path. If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it I've been at wits ends for a while now about this.

IF you attend medical school in Poland, you will be an International Medical Graduate(an IMG) - and don't count on practicing in Canada. If you want to practice medicine in Canada, stay in Canada for your entire education - it is a no brainer. To put it in perspective, if you attend in Poland and intend to return to Canada, you have a better chance of becoming a taxi driver in Canada than ever practicing medicine in Canada. There is nothing to think about really - unless you want to practice in Poland.