Premed 101 Forums

Application Deadline and CASPer

Minguine

Hi all,

Kind of a long-shot here on this question, but maybe someone knows a definitive answer. I work in the medical field and it has been a really busy time with the rise in respiratory infections (on the order of 60 hour weeks). I've been preparing for the CASPer during my time off, but it has certainly not been optimal. I'm slated to take it on October 5th, but there is an October 19th date that I could push to if need be.

I was wondering if there were any drawbacks to pushing back the date when one's application is complete (all documents/test scores submitted)? I'm aware that Canadian medical schools don't use rolling admissions, but at the same time with the amount of applications the admissions' office has to sort through and the limited number of interview slots, I'm wondering if they start being looked at earlier than the deadline.

TL;DR: Is there any drawback in pushing back my CASPer date to the 19th?

• Minguine changed the title to Application Deadline and CASPer

No there should not be any drawbacks to pushing your Casper until October 19th, because per the Casper website it is the last possible date to do it (meaning it is the last accepted date). Your results are sent to the school ~2-3 weeks after your test date, which would fall somewhere around the November 1st deadline. Although *you* would not be able to see your quartile until after the deadline (~4 weeks after your test date).

I would advise you to consider that it cannot be pushed past Octobwe 19, so you should put together an actionable study plan and stick to it.

Best of luck (and don't neglect your CV)!