Premed 101 Forums

what is montreal best cegeps for health science ?

Waminaa

depends on your goals. I suppose you wanna go in med since you’re on Premed 101 so you’re gonna want to consider the following factors

1) Travel distance

Closer= better. You’re gonna need that sleep.

2) Academics

is it a “strong” cegep? Do not listen to your “conseiller d’orientation”. All schools are not equal. If you go to a bad cegep, you’re getting hit with a 34 r score even if you get 98 in a class (it’s a robbery). 
3) language (if you’re good in French, don’t choose English just for fun, might hurt your grades. Have fun learning English in the future. The opposite applies) 

that’s the basics. Remember don’t get scammed by taking a weak school.

• 2 weeks later...

As previous comment said, it really depends on you and your goals. Let's assume you want to apply in med since this is premed101. Language, distance, maybe even friends for support can be factors to take into consideration. Let's say you move cities because of cegep, that means you'll be adapting to new environment/realities and taking new responsibilities which may or may not impact you. Popular choices are Marianopolis for english and Brébeuf for french for people in Montreal in my preconception (I might be prejudiced). However, you'll have to be ready to be competitive there since people will be competitive (I've seen people complete lab reports before the lab) since R score is relative to others' performance. But with the trend it is going ... meh ... R score take less space than before. I believe Laval only need like 33 and then it only takes your casper and interview into consideration. But then again, take this with a grain of salt as I might have my own prejudices and doing your own research and comparing options according to your needs is definitely better.