Premed 101 Forums

McGill DMD 2024 Interview Invites

On 4/2/2024 at 12:49 PM, MDDMD said:

If you don't mind me asking what did ur portal look like when u got an acceptance? Or was it just an email? Also congrats on getting in! :)

Thank you so much :)! No problem at all. I was just constantly refreshing, and then the 'in review' portion became checked off, and there was a huge yellow box that said, "View your admission decision letter." You will know right away if it comes! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

image.thumb.png.06fb5a415acfeb9338e79ad1119dca5a.png

1 hour ago, FraYo said:

Thank you so much :)! No problem at all. I was just constantly refreshing, and then the 'in review' portion became checked off, and there was a huge yellow box that said, "View your admission decision letter." You will know right away if it comes! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

image.thumb.png.06fb5a415acfeb9338e79ad1119dca5a.png

Yes that's so good to hear! I got waitlisted but unsure what position but hopefully that info will be revealed soon! 

2 minutes ago, toothfairyyyyy said:

hi guys, if you email them they'll give you your percentile on the waitlist. they said they're not doing any ranks this year

hey do you mind sharing when did you email them and to what email? I emailed yesterday and haven't heard back yet 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know how long people had to accept an offer into the program last year after receiving an admissions decision? I'm waitlisted for this year, feeling super discouraged that the WL hasn't moved yet, and trying to figure out why. I know the decisions came out earlier last year so that could be a reason. I'm also wondering if McGill shortened the offer acceptance period or if the admissions committee isn't active right now.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:40 AM, HungryHippo said:

Got off the waitlist this morning. I did not have to send them an email asking for my place on the waitlist or anything of the sort! Got both a call and an email.

Hey thats so great that it's moving!! did they let you know your ranking?

19 hours ago, Dental_duplex said:

Hey thats so great that it's moving!! did they let you know your ranking?

I never emailed to ask, nor did they volunteer it when they called (I didn't ask). So I'm unsure. My gut feeling tells me they are going through the list, they're just not updating the WL page? But I could certainly be wrong.

4 hours ago, HungryHippo said:

I never emailed to ask, nor did they volunteer it when they called (I didn't ask). So I'm unsure. My gut feeling tells me they are going through the list, they're just not updating the WL page? But I could certainly be wrong.

I hope so!! Congrats on the offer. I was starting to feel hopeless since last year it was already up to the 20th WL spot around this time. Fingers crossed that it's just slower this year. Do you know what your quartile on the list is?