Premed 101 Forums

Schulich DDS Class of 2028 Acceptance Thread

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: Accepted!! :) 

GPA % (best two years): 92.77%

Current Year: 4th year

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 24, 24, 21 

ABS: pretty good, I have a lot of experiences but not many school-related ones

Casper: 3

IP/OOP: IP 

Interview thoughts: felt really good, not as conversational as others mentioned in the past, but that was probably bc i was nervous. i think they really liked me and i clicked with them!

groupchat + facebook group for other admitted students:

https://www.facebook.com/share/yCwphrNGvCU6nYti/?mibextid=K35XfP 

https://m.me/ch/AbYPr9XsYaOgj5aU/ 

Since this helped me when I was applying, thought it might be helpful for future applicants :)

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: A

GPA % (best two years): ~3.98 (idk what the percentage would be)

Current Year: gap (currently working)

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 20/23/23

ABS: Decent; I think I maxed out all sections. My experience I would say is pretty typical, i.e. awards, club president/exec roles, research (school and hospital), jobs, 100h shadowing 

Casper: 4

Interview thoughts: Wasn't conversational but answered all the questions and hoped for the best

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: HWL

GPA % (best two years): 92.27%

Current Year: 4th

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 22/23/21

ABS: Diverse but did not fill out all sections. Lots of long-term commitments: School club where I worked my way up to club president, employment as a tutor for four years, lots of shadowing and some dental assisting, one research, some volunteering. Quality over quantity I guess!

Casper: 2Q

Interview thoughts: Very question and answer, not as conversational as I expected. Took some pauses here and there to think about the questions they asked, definitely felt like it could have gone a lot better. Was able to incorporate some personal experiences in some, but mostly tried to demonstrate how I felt in some of the situations and what my thoughts were; adding those personal touches definitely saved my interview a bit.

1 hour ago, akxcs said:

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: HWL

GPA % (best two years): 92.27%

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 22/23/21

ABS: Diverse but did not fill out all sections. Lots of long-term commitments: School club where I worked my way up to club president, employment as a tutor for four years, lots of shadowing and some dental assisting, one research, some volunteering. Quality over quantity I guess!

Casper: 2Q

Interview thoughts: Very question and answer, not as conversational as I expected. Took some pauses here and there to think about the questions they asked, definitely felt like it could have gone a lot better. Was able to incorporate some personal experiences in some, but mostly tried to demonstrate how I felt in some of the situations and what my thoughts were; adding those personal touches definitely saved my interview a bit.

Hey friend I saw that you’re accepted at UofT! Congratulations. 
Just wondering if you’re accepting the HWL offer for UWO! 

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: MWL

GPA % (best two years):87-88

Current Year: completed MSc 

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 22/21/20

ABS: very diverse including health care, lots of jobs, dental office job, volunteer, tutoring children and uni students, 

Interview thoughts: thought it went ok, I took lots of breaks to think about the answer and incorporated a couple of personal detail/experiences. Had time to ask one questions at the end. 

3 hours ago, tiramisu123 said:

Hey friend I saw that you’re accepted at UofT! Congratulations. 
Just wondering if you’re accepting the HWL offer for UWO! 

Hi! I am leaning more towards accepting my spot at UofT, hope the waitlist will move in your favour!!

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted: LWL

GPA % (best two years): 3.96 (idk what percentage is)

DAT (AA/PAT/RC): 24/26/20

ABS: A lot of sport awards (no school awards), 50h shadowing, no research, exec in a couple of clubs, volunteering

Casper: 4th

Interview thoughts: Pretty bad, I was not prepared for western's type of questions and barely gave any good answers. However, I did smile was very relaxed throughout. But I felt so bad about my interview I'm surprised I even got waitlisted lmao

Accepted/Waitlist/Rejection: MWL 

GPA: ~88%

DAT SCORE: 22 AA/ 23 PAT / 21 RC

YEAR OF STUDY: 4th

ABS: Server, Chair side dental assistant, 300+ hours volunteering (children STEM education charity, ICU in hospital, student tutor), 100+ hours shadowing, Soccer team captain, various awards/bursaries. 

CASPER: 3rd

IP/OOP: OOP

Interview thoughts: I really was blind sided by the complexity/how many parts the questions had to them. I felt like I gave off a good vibe, but not the best technically correct answers. I expected a waitlist.

Accepted/waitlist/rejection: MWL

GPA: 92%

DAT SCORE: 26 AA/23 PAT/26 RC

Year of study: gap year

ABS: a bit of everything, but overall not the strongest. Didn't fill out anywhere near all the possible entries.

Interview thoughts: felt like it was just ok. I didn't really feel like my interviewers connected with me and there were definitely a few questions that could have gone better. I also feel like I rambled at times and found it hard to give personal examples. Wasn't super surprised that I was waitlisted tbh

Accepted/waitlist/rejection: HWL -> Acceptance (btw they call in the mornings w/ No Caller ID)

GPA: 3.98/~94% (2-yr)

DAT SCORE: 25AA / 22PAT / 22 RC

Year of study: Gap

ABS: Heavy research (1st author pub, NSERC USRA), bunch of small jobs (tutor, pharmacy assistant, coaching, research assistant), school clubs (sports, outreach), hobbies (rock climbing, hiking, running), volunteering (international, conservation, science outreach)

Casper: 3

Interview thoughts: Felt good, could have done better on some of the questions.