Premed 101 Forums

MMI and Panel Interview Prep from Staff Physician - $130/hour - See Attached Testimonials!

I am a staff physician with extensive experience in MMI interviews, MMI question development and MMI coaching. I remember how stressful applying to medical school and CARMS interviews can be, so I created a coaching service that can help you excel in your interview and maximize your chances of being accepted to medical school! During my coaching sessions, you will be provided with unique questions based on current events and actual experiences I and other colleagues have encountered as doctors, rather than just using the pre-existing question other services use. I allow for sessions to be recorded by you to be reviewed later, and provide typed and verbal feedback.  I provide insight on what you can add or change about your answer to achieve the top percentile of scores (10/10). As a physician, I can offer insight on how a physician would approach a difficult patient situation or the current issues affecting our healthcare system. Over the past few years as mentors for undergraduate medical students, I have assisted dozens of people in achieving their goal of medical school acceptance and matching to their desired residency program! Here are a few testimonials from my previous students:

• Working with Lindsey was a wonderfully positive MMI prep experience. She enabled me to build self-confidence for acting stations through mock scenarios while helping me become more articulate in responding to personal questions. She also provided me with extensive reading materials that helped grow my awareness and knowledge of current events while developing a more critical thought process around complex social issues. I only applied to one school this year that uses the MMI, but with Lindsey's help, I'm happy to share I received an offer of admission and will be attending medical school in the fall! Lindsey is flexible, approachable, and super knowledgeable about medicine and the MMI process, so if you have an upcoming MMI, I would strongly recommend getting in touch with her. - Ryan, Accepted to McGill

• I cannot express enough gratitude for the exceptional assistance I received from Lindsey in preparing for my medical school interviews. From the moment we began working together, it was evident that she was dedicated to my success in every possible way. Lindsey exhibited an unparalleled level of commitment and professionalism throughout our sessions. What truly stood out was her meticulous approach to documenting all my responses and then giving insightful feedback to enhance them further. Her attention to detail and genuine desire to see me succeed were evident in every interaction we had. Not only did she spend ample time with me, patiently guiding me through each step of the interview preparation process, but she also demonstrated an impressive depth of knowledge in the field. Her feedback wasn't just about improving interview performance; it was about self-discovery and personal growth. She asked thought-provoking questions that challenged me to reflect on my motivations and aspirations, enriching the entire experience beyond mere interview preparation. Thanks to her guidance, I not only felt more confident in my interview skills but also gained valuable insights into myself that will undoubtedly benefit me throughout my career. In summary, Lindsey is nothing short of amazing. Her expertise, patience, and genuine care make her an invaluable resource for anyone seeking to excel in their medical school interviews. I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking to elevate their interview skills and gain a deeper understanding of themselves in the process. I can't recommend Lindsey more; I went with a few other coaches (current medical students) who gave good advice (especially since they've recently done the MMI), but the advice Lindsey gave as a working physician was extremely unique and had perspective that I don't think I could have gotten anywhere else. She would give me pointers on MMI topics from real-world experiences she's had, which helped set me apart from other candidates. She is also shows a strong respect for your time, always giving you the full time and even giving slightly extra time if any technical issues arise, and taking notes during the sessions so you don't have to worry about writing down anything and can focus on listening to her. Overall, I think Lindsey is worth every penny and I attribute her to being one of the main reasons I received an acceptance to medical school this year :) - Annie, Accepted to U of A

• Lindsey was very helpful while I was prepping for my MMI, her knowledge about the interview and her expertise coaching different students helped me a lot since she was able to give me strong constructive feedback. The scenarios that Lindsey prepared in advance are unique and tailored to my own needs. After completing multiple sessions with her, I felt extremely confident and ready for the real interview. - Joseph 

• I had a FANTASTIC experience with Lindsey as a non-traditional applicant who finally had their first pair of interviews. The interviews that I was preparing for were very different in their time and content structure, but I felt confident for both sets of interviews after only a few sessions with Lindsey. I appreciated her constant focus and positive attitude during our 1+ hour virtual meetings, even amidst her busy clinical schedule. I felt very honoured to have her time and attention as an experienced clinician who was able to provide very specific and constructive feedback during all of our sessions. I think that her preparation significantly out-performed a much more expensive and popular interview prep company that I also trained with in my interview preparations -- my sessions with Lindsey were much more informative and tailored to my needs and the medical schools where I was going to be interviewed. I felt very lucky to have come across this interview prep on the PreMed101 forum and I have all of my fingers crossed that Lindsey's help will help me finally achieve admission into medical school! Regardless of the result, I can once again say that my experience with Lindsey was fantastic! Thanks very much! :)  - Kathryn

Description:

• Offering customized, private, one-on-one interview coaching via Zoom or your preferred online platform.

• Goal setting prior to your first session. 

• Access to 100 unique MMI scenarios via sessions.

• MMI Interview Preparation Presentation provided to all clients outlining MMI theory, an organized approach for the 6 different types of MMI questions you will encounter including picture and acting stations, a crash course in medical ethics and links to high yield articles and information on current events, COVID, aboriginal health, homelessness, racism, sexism, technology and medicine, the Canadian Health Care System, mental health, transgender health, physician burnout, vaccine hesitancy and many more HIGH YIELD topics that you should review to be prepared for the MMI. 

• Offering full-length mock MMI simulations with detailed feedback and scoring.

• Optional MMI scoring on a scale from 1-10 with each session.

Rate: $130/hour

Availability: Limited availability on evenings and weekends due to the demands of work, coaching will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

Disclaimers: I have signed a confidentiality agreement when I was an MMI interviewer, and cannot disclose specific details regarding question content, but can provide insight on the interview process and what distinguishes excellent candidates from average ones. I will not be interviewing for the 2025 MMI as this prohibits you from assisting any potential candidates. 

Please email LKInterviewPrep@gmail.com if you are interested. Coaching will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Best of luck in the 2025` interviews to all candidates!

• LKInterviewPrep changed the title to MMI and Panel Interview Prep from Staff Physician - $130/hour - See Attached Testimonials!