Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement...

Guest Talon01

Guest doctorinthehouse

Here's hoping you're right in that assumption. Here's also hoping that we're near the top of the list. This wait is killing me

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest avarrin2001

Does anyone know if it will be a call or an email? Just curious (and wondering if i should stop compulsively checking my email at work :) )

Guest demon

looks like the wait lists at queens and western have started to move already... Hopefully Ott will be soon and some of us will get good news...

Guest AliatUofT

Hi everyone....

this is the happiest day of my life... i got my call about half hour ago... i am in....

WOW... i am so happy i dont know what else to say

i wish everyone else the best

and thanks to all my friends who have gone through this with me... especially farmer :)

Ali

Guest HMOSH

Ali congratulations! well done.

you must be on cloud nine. Pray for the rest of us good waitlisters.

How many times did you apply to Ottawa?

This is my fourth!

Guest shudvbeenafarmer

Aliiiii!!!

Whoooooooooohooooooooooo!

I am soooo happy. Picture me jumping up and down! I called you a bunch of times but can't find you!!!

The only thing that makes me sad is that we won't be classmates. But man oh man. Congratulations! Congratulations!

You are the best. :P

-Farmer

Guest stupidcat

To those who have gotten in off the waitlist,

If you don't mind me asking, what's your WGPA? This will give me a better idea of where I stand!

Thanks! :)

Guest Talon01

stupidcat

The WGPA wasn't worth nearly as much as the interview score you received I believe. Nonetheless, my WGPA was around 3.86.

Guest AliatUofT

hi there

i would have to agree with Talon, your interview score is the most important factor..

but my WGPA as calculated by me is about 3.84, however i must say that i am a graduate student.

my undergrad GPA was about 3.25 (my last 3 years were about ~3.7 though), my MSc GPA 4.0 so that gives about 3.84

good luck to all waiting...

this is my 3rd time applying to Med schools.

i have been rejected by every medical school i have applied to over that time except Ottawa. i interviewd last year (bad waitlist) and this year good waitlist and finally accepted. :)

good luck to all waiting...

i wish u all the best

Ali

Guest Kirsteen

Fabulous news, there Ali! I'm very happy for you. :D

Enjoy the moment, and the upcoming first year of meds. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest HMOSH

Does anyone know someone from previous years that was on the good waitlist and did not get in?

The idea of not getting in after being on this wait list terrifies me! soooo close.......

May god bring us good luck in the coming days.

Congratulations to those who already got in. Well deserved.

Guest miss83

has anyone heard anything from the french waitlist except for julia?? and do you know if there is a good and bad waitlist for the french program? thanks everyone and good luck to those still waiting, myself included.

Guest demon

so there ae two diff wait lists for Ott, I had heard that but wasnt sure if it was true. So the odds are pretty good for someone in the good wait list I take it.

Guest doctorinthehouse

There are indeed two waitlists. The top 107 get acceptances. From 108-240 or 250 get good waitlisted (about 130-140 people). The rest are on the bad waitlist. Lets hope that a lot of people are planning on going somewhere else this year (no offense to anyone of course).

Guest MedBound

I got a call yesterday but didn't get home much later and the admissions office is closed today. :( Aaarrghhh now I have to wait until Monday... but congrats to everyone who got in. And good luck to those on the wait list.

Can't wait till Monday... I'll believe it when I hear it from Nicole.

PS: Congrats Ali! :)

Guest HMOSH

To those who got multiple offers off the wait list, if you are undecided and neutral about other schools and ottawa, could you please accept the other schools :) !

That would give those of us who only have ottawa a last chance.....

Thanks guys and have a good weekend.

Guest FrenchyMed

The waitlist for the French program is a separate one. It moves a lot less than the English one. Rumour is that they reach the 4th or 5th person down the waitlist.

Good luck!

Guest avarrin2001

why arent they moving? :o

Is it that they are moving but those ppl just dont frequent this web board? Is it that there arent many "second round offers" this year? Or is everyone just waiting on slow-poke snail mail UofT before they make a decision? Anyone have an inside scoop or educated guess? Perhaps, since the list seems to be moving so little this year, being on the good waitlist isnt even that good this year? :rolleyes

It really stinks that the old forums have been erased :(

I fall into slot ©.. I'm waiting to hear from slow-poke UofT.

I think there might be some more movement after July 4th, but I don't know how much there'll be before then.

Archived