Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement...

Guest Talon01

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spring2

just for those who are curious about the waitlist.. it is moving... I got a call yesterday, but declined it... so hopefully you guys hear soon :)

Guest everyoneloveschem

I'm glad I am not alone in my waiting. Not that I would wish this on anyone, I find it be a slow, esteem sucking mild form of torture.

I know, we are lucky,we could have been rejected, there is still hope, but it is so hard everyday to wake up excited that you might get the call and go to bed sad that you didn't.

Good luck waitlistees

Guest avarrin2001

My fingers have been crossed for so long I can barely type anymore :eek

Is it just me, or does it not seem like the waitlist has barely moved?! So far, Talon, Alia and MedBound have been the only ones to have been called (and congratulations, by the way!)

Of course, i am sure there are others that just dont frequent this webboard... but still, this seems like such little movement compared to other years! Just out of curiosity, to those of you who have been called, were you able to find out what number you were on the waitlist?

Guest AliatUofT

Hey avarrin

i am not sure about the others but when i got my call on June 16th they told me i was 5th on the waitlist.

hope that helps

dont give up hope, i recall reading a previous post by Niloo and it said that alot of people got calls in July, so its not over yet...

good luck all

Ali

Guest Talon01

I also was called June 16th around 1:45pm. I don't know where that puts me on the waitlist though. What time were your phone Ali?

Guest everyoneloveschem

Yah, I was at the General today volunteering and as I was about to leave I thought...hmm I could pop over to the admissions office and ask if they expected to make any calls this week. But I didn't know what office they are in and I was late for my bus and I kind of chickened out. So I'll just have to wait. This sucks.

Guest avarrin2001

Everyoneloveschem, I know what you mean... I have been trying to get up the nerve to call and ask about the waitlist, but have chickened out everytime :P

Guest everyoneloveschem

I know its silly to call, but it seems that any bit of progress helps me feel better, and keep up the hope.

I hope there is a lot of movement next week and we get calls.

Guest avarrin2001

i broke down and called today... hoping to get either a human, or even just a message saying what was going on. Unfortunately I just got voice mail asking for name, number, etc and my "call will be returned". I knew it would be useless to leave a message asking "on what date are we able to find out where we are on the waitlist so that we can start to make alternate plans"... i knew that sort of question wouldnt be reason to get a call back :(

I really dont know about movement next week... it has just been so dead that it is hard to believe anything will change. Oh well... at least we arent in this alone!

Guest Talon01

I think there will be quite a few calls. The acceptance/rejections of provisional acceptances and people contacts on the waitlist are due June 30th. Hang tight!

Guest everyoneloveschem

Were you relieved that no one answered the phone (i.e. you would have felt silly asking if they would call this week)?

I can see them saying "well, we makes calls as we receive replies from students, so there is no way for me to see into the future and know exactly when we will call".

I guess we just keep on waiting. Hoping everyone wants to go to UofT and actually gets in there!!

Guest avarrin2001

hahah I wasnt calling to ask them when theyd call! I was calling to find out if they have a date set when they will start lettting people know where they are at. I know some schools will allow you to call late in July to find out where you are on the waitlist...i.e., if a person is 200th on the list, it is a good indicator to make alternate plans, whereas if you are next on the list, you will be more likely to hang on. I dont know if Ottawa will allow this or not, so all i want to know is if they do, and if so, when :\ I am having a hard time coming up with plan B's when I still think I have a chance on the waitlist :(

Guest everyoneloveschem

Well....if we all keep calling them, and visiting in person, maybe we can whittle away at Nicole and she will finally fold and tell us.

I too am finding it very hard to move on while on the waitlist. Its like I've been putting so much effort into this for so long it would be defeat to give up, and I'd have to transfer all that momentum to something else. Plus I feel like a fake all of a sudden pretending I really want to be a pharmacist or nurse practitioner when I secretly hope for a phone call.

Guest ttryit
I think there will be quite a few calls. The acceptance/rejections of provisional acceptances and people contacts on the waitlist are due June 30th.

I thought this date was July 1st or 4th?

tt/

Guest everyoneloveschem

I would be willing to pay Nicole's time and a half salary for Friday if it meant getting a call. Maybe I should call her tomorrow and offer. HA!!!

Guest avarrin2001

No, Nicole is very much a female. She was the one who did the talking at the interview day information session... perhaps this is why the person thinks you are nuts? :P

Guest everyoneloveschem

Anyone get news today?

Does the board being quiet mean that no one heard, or just not ezboarders....

This is killing me. I just wish I would get my 'class if full, try again next year' email so I could move on.

Archived