Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Req Courses

Guest mitchie41

Guest mitchie41

Hey guys,

Has anyone in this forum taken biochem 300? Instead of biol 201 and Biochem 302?

What's it like? Is it easier to do fullfill the biochem requirement for UBC med this way?

Also, if you haven't completed a pre-req course for UBC, for instace, a 3rd year applicant who's taking biochem in their third year, will they use that course in the calculation of your pre-req average? Or will they just use the courses you have completed?

Have a great day!

mitchie41.

Guest vincecarterxv

hey there,

I took bioc300,

Cons: a tun of information,

Pros: there is sufficient time to know everything. This is a course where if you try really hard, then you will do well. It is also interesting.

It has a class average of approximately 71%. That's higher than biol 201, but lower than bioc 302. I hear that biol 201 is harder than bioc 300, but biol 302 is easier than bioc 300. Maybe it balances out.

I didn't take biol 201 for a few reasons: other courses i was more interested in fell at the same time, i didn't like one of the profs exam style.

Also, some majors require you to take biol 201--bioc 300 might not substitute for it. You should check that out.

Guest mitchie41

What did you major in Vincecarterxv?

I'm guessing that it wasn't life sciences, because almost all the life sciences programmes require biol 201.

Guest vincecarterxv

biology major (general biology option)

almost all life science majors require biol201 on paper. However, if you speak to them directly they may allow you to take bioc300 in place of biol201 and bioc302. For instance, gen biol, microbio may allow it; physiology probably won't.

Archived