Premed 101 Forums

2004 applicants

Guest premed81

Guest premed81

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting in the UBC thread. Through a lengthy and rather tiresome thought process, I've recently grown interested in applying to UBC med school. I used to live there several years ago so I'm not too much of a stranger to the west coast. I would like to take my chance on UBC because although I am from Ontario, I think Ontario med schools have been getting too much hype and I've been straining myself too much over just those schools. Anyhow, I would like to begin my application to UBC, but I'm having a hard time getting linked to the UBC online application? Is anyone else having the same problem? Is this a busy time online for the school because maybe they're receiving the applications? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Guest premed81

Ok, so I finally was able to link onto the online application. You can just scratch my last request. However, I do have a major question. I go to U of T (the Mississauga campus) and while I was filling out the online application to UBC, I was stumped at the Transcript section. I know that I am only suppose to list the courses that meet the UBC pre-requisites, however, because I go to a different school, can I just type in the courses under my school's code, or do I have to find the equivalent course to UBC? I was hoping someone else had a similar dilemma. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Guest rowthorn5

premed81,

I applied to UBC last October and I found that part of the application confusing too. I am also from Ontario and I used the course codes from my own university (U of Guelph). If admissions have any problems and/or questions about the courses that you took at U of T....they will ask for course descriptions to make sure they are equivalent to UBC courses. Don't hesitate to call admissions with these questions....they are very helpful.

Good Luck!

Guest premed81

Hi rowthorn5,

Thanks for you help Can I ask if you're in the process of applying to med school again or were you accepted last year? Are you interested in UBC med school as well? Anyhow, hope all goes well.

Guest rowthorn5

premed81,

I got accepted to UBC (off the out of province waiting list) but I declined the offer because I had already accepted at Mac. UBC was my first choice....it just didn't work out that way I guess. Good luck with your application (and interview!).

Archived